Sign in with
Your question

DZ77BH-55K memory problem

Last response: in Memory
January 21, 2013 8:28:25 AM

Hi everybody.
I have recently bought Mobo Intel DZ77BH-55K. The bios version on a newly bought mobo is verion 5.4. I needed to upgrade it to latest which was 9.6 and now 9.7. The problem is when i upgrade the board my memory stops working. I hear beeps and i get 32 error code on the mobo led.
Memory is a Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/8G 1.5 volts. It doesn't work either with one module or two. I tried various combinations with the memory kits. Didn't help. The craziness of that situation is that i use same stuff for all the boards i have bought (total of 16) and some of them work fine after bios update and i get no errors. Fiddling with the memory kits sometimes help. Plus remove battery disconnect power etc. till it works. The thing is sometimes it just doesn't boot at all and i can hear the beep. Over and over. Pretty much frustrating.

Can someone tell me is there a fix for that problem. Is intel planing to solve that memory mystery??

Thanks for all the answers and hints.

January 21, 2013 12:41:18 PM

Well.
I picked another few boards DZ77BH-55k and try to fiddle with the bios updates. I thought that since i have a GF GT640 Video card and i need bios update to make the card work i did the bios update but not the latest verion. I went from 54 version which is the base version of bios for my MOBO through 70 and then i have stopped on 85 version. Everything works fine and my memory is working perfectly.
I suggest guys do not go beyond that version if You really don't need to.

Thanks
February 3, 2013 3:04:02 AM

Hey I have a similar problem, but cant get past the 3 beeps. Not the memory or the configuration. Just happened out of nowhere from a bios update. How did you get around the beeps and update the bios?
February 15, 2013 3:13:04 PM

ratirt said:
Hi everybody.
I have recently bought Mobo Intel DZ77BH-55K. The bios version on a newly bought mobo is verion 5.4. I needed to upgrade it to latest which was 9.6 and now 9.7. The problem is when i upgrade the board my memory stops working. I hear beeps and i get 32 error code on the mobo led.
Memory is a Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/8G 1.5 volts. It doesn't work either with one module or two. I tried various combinations with the memory kits. Didn't help. The craziness of that situation is that i use same stuff for all the boards i have bought (total of 16) and some of them work fine after bios update and i get no errors. Fiddling with the memory kits sometimes help. Plus remove battery disconnect power etc. till it works. The thing is sometimes it just doesn't boot at all and i can hear the beep. Over and over. Pretty much frustrating.

Can someone tell me is there a fix for that problem. Is intel planing to solve that memory mystery??

Thanks for all the answers and hints.

I had a same problem, check this video made by me:
http://youtu.be/R3N8SrAqBV0

Note: The problem is not a memory, the code 32 say about problem of Bios init .

I not solved this problem, i send to shop to try change by other. I tested other processor, till other power supply.

Intel say "not #recommend# to jump from old to last bios". So my friend, the correct maybe is "Not possible jump to last, its prohibited, you strictly need up step by step".

Note the size of all bios version, it have differents sizes, all have less size from the first 0057.

Good luck to us.

!