Bluetooth headset

Last response: in Technologies
August 16, 2005 6:29:30 PM

Hi all
I am thinking of buying a headset for my computer. The thing is that I
have a dlink bluetooth usb adapter on my computer. Will I be able to
purchase any bluetooth headset and use them as a computer headset? Like
for example: I buy a sonyericsson bluetooth headset and then use it on
the comp. I thought I could swat two flies in one hit by using it for my
mobilephone as well.
Thanks

KNM

More about : bluetooth headset

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:58:35 PM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:29:30 GMT, KNM <elakdjNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a headset for my computer. The thing is that I
> have a dlink bluetooth usb adapter on my computer. Will I be able to
> purchase any bluetooth headset and use them as a computer headset? Like
> for example: I buy a sonyericsson bluetooth headset and then use it on
> the comp. I thought I could swat two flies in one hit by using it for my
> mobilephone as well.

Any current Bluetooth headset should work with the DLink adapter and again
that same any headset should also work with your cell phone. I have the
prejudice that an independent manufacturer will give better support for
vicarious connections from their headsets than manufacturers who are
mainly targeting headset at the users of their own products. They all can
work, but I fear that say Nokia or Motorola support departments may be
less interested in solving problems than say Jabra or Plantronics whose
main business it is to support connections with a variety of products.

Tony
!