PSP USB connect to PS2 USB port GT4 question

I've tried connecting my PSP via the USB to my PS2 to get the images saved
on my PS2 GT4 transfered to it, I believe this was sapposed to work but when
I try clicking the connect in GT4 game to USB device it doesn't recognize
it?

Am I not doing something right to prevent this from working?
1 answer Last reply
More about connect port question

    Rengaw wrote:
    > I've tried connecting my PSP via the USB to my PS2 to get the images
    saved
    > on my PS2 GT4 transfered to it, I believe this was sapposed to work
    but when
    > I try clicking the connect in GT4 game to USB device it doesn't
    recognize
    > it?
    >
    > Am I not doing something right to prevent this from working?

    Some people are saying it works and others are saying it doesn't. So
    far, it looks like you have to use the top USB port on the PS2 and it
    may depend on the version of the PS2, the older and new slim line not
    working. Plus you do know you have to put the PSP into USB mode first
    through the Home setup, right? The real solution looks like it is going
    to be the Datel Get Connected kit for the PSP ($14.99). It just came
    out and allows the PS2 to connect to the PSP, coming with a utility CD
    for the PS2. It isn't a direct connection though, so it isn't like it
    makes every PS2 game suddenly recognize the PSP as an external USB
    device. But it will allow Memory Card saves to the PSP among other
    thins. Look for it on Gamestop by entering Datel into the search and
    look for the Get Connected kit.

Console Gaming PlayStation Connection Games USB Video Games