Amd phenom 9850 temps

purplepython2

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, I have an AMD phenom 9850 and I was looking at temps reported on other treads and they all seem really low to me. Mine is 69c even when i first turn on the computer after running awhile they go up to 79-80c when they get up to 90c i take everything apart and clean it and they go back down to 69c but it has ran at thous temps from day one and i've been running my computer pretty much non stop for 5 years and that includes some pretty massive gaming. My cooler is the amd cooler that came with the processor if my temps are that much over spec why hasn't my cpu burnt out???

Yea tell us what the BIOS reads (If you have Temp monitor in BIOS)

As for a After Market cooler, Sounds like you need a water cooler (Corsair or Antec, and soon to be Cooler Master), because obviously you don't have good Air Flow at all

purplepython2

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012

It is the same as bios even when i first turn the computer onand go strait to bios my temp is 60c after one hour its 74c

purplepython2

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012

I think I'm going to get a water cooler because these have been my temps from day one and I regularly clean and new paste

Yes that is just the std AMD cooler the cm 212+ that I linked to is quite a bit better!