Closed Solved

Cant delete files

ok i have 5 hdds up right now

c:\ - 120gb ssd
e:\ - 250gb hdd from 2006
f:\ - 1.5tb back up drive for G basicly
g:\ - 1.5tb drive that use to be my c
i:\ - 750gb usb drive that was never a main hdd

every drive but i use to have an os on it.

im going through F because i have very little space and decided i am never going back to a hdd boot. i am deleteing every applications i installed to the drive for the g drive when it was c and every game i am no longer going to play.

than i came to folders i cant delete, because i dont have "premission" or im not "administrator"

I am the administrator, and I never touched those once with this install...
one thing im trying to get rid of is the sony folder, which everquest is installed to. but i cant...

what the hell is going on? i have NEVER had this happen before to me with the exceptions that a program was actually running...

is this seriously telling me that i cant recover gb's of space for no good reason?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cant delete files
  1. why don't you just format the drive ....... not reformat but format. right click on the drive letter.
  2. because it still has files on it that i cant move off the drive due to lack of space.

all of these drives are less than 10gb left on it, besides the ssd witch is boot only, and the f drive, which only has space because i didnt keep up an up to date backup of everything.

i need to remove files, any kind of format is not an option.
  3. Right click >>>Properties>>>Security tab>>> and check the permissions.
  4. you either need to buy a new disc or move stuff to a cd and then wipe the drive.
  5. Best answer
  6. did you try to make a new file...... drag the file you want to delete into it and then delete the new file ?
  7. This thread made me laugh.

Edit: If F drive is backup for G then format it. Also i cant seem to imagine the average user using more than 2 TB of data.(Too much you know what)

But to help your problem, change the permissions for the file, or download malwarebytes free. It has a fileassassin tool which deletes files that are "locked". =o
  8. take ownership did the trick. thanks.
  9. Best answer selected by alidan.
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Windows 7