Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
ok i have 5 hdds up right now

c:\ - 120gb ssd
e:\ - 250gb hdd from 2006
f:\ - 1.5tb back up drive for G basicly
g:\ - 1.5tb drive that use to be my c
i:\ - 750gb usb drive that was never a main hdd

every drive but i use to have an os on it.

im going through F because i have very little space and decided i am never going back to a hdd boot. i am deleteing every applications i installed to the drive for the g drive when it was c and every game i am no longer going to play.

than i came to folders i cant delete, because i dont have "premission" or im not "administrator"

I am the administrator, and I never touched those once with this install...
one thing im trying to get rid of is the sony folder, which everquest is installed to. but i cant...

what the hell is going on? i have NEVER had this happen before to me with the exceptions that a program was actually running...

is this seriously telling me that i cant recover gb's of space for no good reason?

Solution
this should let you delete them--usually does the trick

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
because it still has files on it that i cant move off the drive due to lack of space.

all of these drives are less than 10gb left on it, besides the ssd witch is boot only, and the f drive, which only has space because i didnt keep up an up to date backup of everything.

i need to remove files, any kind of format is not an option.

dontqqnub

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
This thread made me laugh.

Edit: If F drive is backup for G then format it. Also i cant seem to imagine the average user using more than 2 TB of data.(Too much you know what)

But to help your problem, change the permissions for the file, or download malwarebytes free. It has a fileassassin tool which deletes files that are "locked". =o

Status
Not open for further replies.