Solved

Gigabyte 760G Temperature issues

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Temperature
  • Gigabyte
Last response: in Motherboards
January 21, 2013 7:24:49 PM

I have a Gigabyte 760G AM3+ board with a Phenom II x6 1045T processor. I used HWMonitor and saw the idle temp is at 40 C and running HeavyLoad the temperature runs about 60-62 C. The temperature of the 6 cores sits around 44 C.

It shows the TMPINI2 is the only one that raises up about 55 C. Everything else seems to stay under 40. I tried putting another fan in, and all that did was cool the board down faster after the temperature raised to 62 C.

I haven't overclocked anything yet, in fear I might burn something out. I just want to know if there's anything I can do, or fix on the board, or if that's the way the board was made, or if there's a fault on the board.

Anything knowledgeable would be great !

More about : gigabyte 760g temperature issues

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2013 8:32:13 PM

If you're using the stock heatsink/fan I'd suggest you get a Hyper 212 evo. If you install it properly it will reduce those temps significantly.
January 22, 2013 12:58:06 AM

Best answer selected by gnelson56.
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2013 12:58:08 AM

zdbc13 said:
If you're using the stock heatsink/fan I'd suggest you get a Hyper 212 evo. If you install it properly it will reduce those temps significantly.

Should I just google the correct way to install this? I did order this cooler last week, so I was just wondering if anything else would help.

Thanks in advance!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 11:05:20 AM

Instructions are included. Google if you want to see some videos.
m
l
!