Sign in with
Your question

No Audio From Asus Maximus V Formula

Last response: in Motherboards
January 21, 2013 9:36:42 PM

CPU: I7
GPU: EVGA 660ti OC
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula

Sound Device on the mobo is a RealTek - bleh...

So a few months back I built my new rig and everything was fine until the stupid PSU decided to blow up. I RMA the PSU and got my new one and this time the damn machine wouldn't boot! I guess somehow I anded up getting a bad extension cord for my 24pin. 24pin extension removed, system boots up fine - It's ALIVE!!

Everything seems to be working just fine until I decide to turn my speakers on. No sound at all! This is what I have tried so far - to no affect.

* Verified all connections
* Verified speakers actually work
* Verified sound ins't muted
* Verified "device" is listed and selected
* Verified system wasn't trying to use my GPU HDMI output as an audio card
* Verified all internal system connections
* Verified that front HD audio wasn't giving me grief - set to HD which is the connection type of my case.
* Changed device drivers
* Reinstalled windows (twice) - once dirty and once formatted

Ok, so here is the strange part. I have a USB headset. At first I wasn't able to get any sound out of it, then all of a sudden it just started giving me sound. I have not checked it again after the last couple of system installs.

Do you think this is a mobo issue? I have contacted ASUS RMA but they have not got back to me yet. I would really hate to have to rip this thing apart but I guess if I have too...
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2013 11:47:35 PM

Are all the audio slots not working or just the front ones.
Make sure that the windows sound is not muted, as windows can do it automatically.
m
l
January 21, 2013 11:48:00 PM

OK, so quick update. When I plug in my speakers to the front audio port, I get a loud buzzing sound. It's almost like feedback or something.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 11:56:50 PM

Xttony said:
Are all the audio slots not working or just the front ones.
Make sure that the windows sound is not muted, as windows can do it automatically.

No audio slots are working. I have tested every jack in pretty much every config.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 22, 2013 12:02:24 AM

hatefly said:
OK, so quick update. When I plug in my speakers to the front audio port, I get a loud buzzing sound. It's almost like feedback or something.

What about the slots at the back?
m
l
January 22, 2013 2:38:47 PM

Xttony said:
What about the slots at the back?

No, I get nothing from any slot. Just the standard pop/buzz momentary feedback you get when you touch the connector to anything with a current - even my finger.
m
l
January 23, 2013 12:58:40 PM

Just a little bump on this one to see if anyone else has any other ideas.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 23, 2013 11:27:53 PM

Replug all the power supply connections from the motherboard. And is your audio device being detected in the device manager?
m
l
!