GPU: EVGA 660ti OC
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
Sound Device on the mobo is a RealTek - bleh...
So a few months back I built my new rig and everything was fine until the stupid PSU decided to blow up. I RMA the PSU and got my new one and this time the damn machine wouldn't boot! I guess somehow I anded up getting a bad extension cord for my 24pin. 24pin extension removed, system boots up fine - It's ALIVE!!
Everything seems to be working just fine until I decide to turn my speakers on. No sound at all! This is what I have tried so far - to no affect.
* Verified all connections
* Verified speakers actually work
* Verified sound ins't muted
* Verified "device" is listed and selected
* Verified system wasn't trying to use my GPU HDMI output as an audio card
* Verified all internal system connections
* Verified that front HD audio wasn't giving me grief - set to HD which is the connection type of my case.
* Changed device drivers
* Reinstalled windows (twice) - once dirty and once formatted
Ok, so here is the strange part. I have a USB headset. At first I wasn't able to get any sound out of it, then all of a sudden it just started giving me sound. I have not checked it again after the last couple of system installs.
Do you think this is a mobo issue? I have contacted ASUS RMA but they have not got back to me yet. I would really hate to have to rip this thing apart but I guess if I have too...