Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help deciding between these ram.

Last response: in Memory
January 21, 2013 11:02:12 PM

Hello. I am currently building a PC and i am having trouble deciding between these two RAM

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11180BD2750&v...

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950AC3446

The crucial stick is much cheaper, has the same speed (1600Mhz) and are both 9-9-9-24. Would it be smarter to get the cheaper ram since im on a budget and not building my PC to look pretty but just work good?

I seen the exact same type of crucial ram but 2X4GB pair for $8. Is there any performance difference between 1X8GB and 2X4GB if they are the same brand?

More about : deciding ram

Best solution

a b } Memory
January 21, 2013 11:25:29 PM

2x4gB set of card's are always better(slightly faster) than 1x8gB cards.
In this case you may go with the crucial card here because you are on a budget. The vengeance sports better cooling with bigger heats sinks and can be efficiently overclocked.
January 21, 2013 11:37:39 PM

Xttony said:
2x4gB set of card's are always better(slightly faster) than 1x8gB cards.
In this case you may go with the crucial card here because you are on a budget. The vengeance sports better cooling with bigger heats sinks and can be efficiently overclocked.

Oh thanks i never knew that. I guess ill just go with the 2 sticks of corsair vengeance since it will be faster and look nicer for no that much more money. If the crucial was the same but only looked worse i woulda bought it.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 11:50:24 PM

If anyone knows of any actual tests or benchmarks comparing a 1X8 vs 2X4 Kit let me know please. People seem to say that dual channel is faster but i can't find a single test proving this.
m
l
a b } Memory
January 22, 2013 12:12:34 AM

In dual channel both cards work together but in single channel only one can work at the same time.

Will post the benchmarks as soon as I find one.
m
l
January 22, 2013 7:32:31 AM

Best answer selected by K K0.
m
l
!