How to get HDMI sound from 6850 to work with Realtek

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have just bought a gigabyte 6850 and have been having many issues with my system now because I have changed a lot of things like nvidia to radeon and vga monitor speakers to hdmi speakers mounted into a tv. After upgrading speakers, it is a lot better and I will not even consider changing back. What I want to do is have my speakers in my hdmi tv to work while having my mic work so I can still talk to people on steam. In the steam voice settings the right devices are chosen, it's just that the graphics card automatically mutes it out because my hdmi sound is plugged in. How can I get my mic to work at the same time? When I used my nvidia for hdmi, the speakers and mic worked at the same time but for some reason radeon just mutes it. Is there something other than realtek I can use that won't get muted by radeon? Or can I output sound from the 6850 without muting all other sound sources? To admins, if this is in the wrong section please move it to the right one, I thought this was the right one but not 100% sure. Any ideas to get it to work anyone?

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Thanks for the reply. It's already been set to default but it still doesn't work for some reason. I think it's because of the 6850 registering the hdmi as input and output. When I listen to device with the microphone, it's just static.

TRENDING THREADS