GT4 question

I heard something about GT4 that original game won't work on some PS2
consoles. I want to buy it but I don't want to risk my cash. Is GT4
sometimes not working due to laser weaknes which can't read DVD9, or it's
because some installed modchips are not compatible with loadnig original
DVD9? (Sorx for my bad eng)
3 answers Last reply
More about question

    kamil_pl wrote:

    > I heard something about GT4 that original game won't work on some PS2
    > consoles. I want to buy it but I don't want to risk my cash. Is GT4
    > sometimes not working due to laser weaknes which can't read DVD9, or it's
    > because some installed modchips are not compatible with loadnig original
    > DVD9? (Sorx for my bad eng)

    I've heard of it just not working and then they try another disk and
    it works. I've only heard this mentioned by Americans. I guess if you
    buy it and it won't play you can take it back and change it.
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    kamil_pl wrote:
    > I heard something about GT4 that original game won't work on some
    PS2
    > consoles. I want to buy it but I don't want to risk my cash. Is GT4
    > sometimes not working due to laser weaknes which can't read DVD9, or
    > it's because some installed modchips are not compatible with loadnig
    > original DVD9? (Sorx for my bad eng)

    Older PS2s can sometimes develop problems with the lasers that makes
    it hard for them to read the dual layer DVDs (the DVD9s, I guess). My
    launch model PS2 had trouble, but I was able to adjust it to get it to
    work. However, after about a month of this the dvd drive just plain
    died, so I had to buy a new PS2 (a slim one). That works fine.

    U¿ytkownik "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    > Older PS2s can sometimes develop problems with the lasers that makes
    > it hard for them to read the dual layer DVDs (the DVD9s, I guess). My
    > launch model PS2 had trouble, but I was able to adjust it to get it to
    > work. However, after about a month of this the dvd drive just plain
    > died, so I had to buy a new PS2 (a slim one). That works fine.

    Thanks for reply. I have SCPH 39004, so it is quite old now. All I have to
    do now is to buy & try this game, maybe it will run ok.

Console Gaming Games Video PlayStation Video Games