Lga 1155 problems

nordernnoob

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
So i have my ASUS Sabertooth p67 REV-B motherboard, and a few hours ago it went dead, well not completely i can still acces the BIOS menu, but i can't get the HDD nor the SSD to work with it, both work with another computer :( I've tried all the SATA cables, SATA ports and HDD's with Windows 7 i have. is this a common problem? there was no sign of it going dead, i just started giving me "BOOTMGR is missing" i have tried to re-install windows on a different computer but i then get "Boot device is missing"

Hello NordernNoob;

Do you know which storage device your boot loader was on? HDD or SSD?
Either one of those devices (the one with the boot loader) is having a problem.
A Win7 install disk can fix that up for you.

So can EasyBCD. It can help you do a boot loader repair as long as the device is working and it hasn't been totally trashed.
http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/
Free for personal use = find the link at the bottom under the lower blue Buy button.

nordernnoob

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012

Thanks for the help, but im afraid it wont cut it as the BIOS can't identify the CDROM or any other devices, ALL of them work perfectly fine on my old desktop, i've even re-installed Windows 7 on it but it just wont work. I've contacted the seller of the motherboard and asked for a refund, i'll se what happens next :)

P.S i tried both a HDD and SSD with and without Windows, SSD has "disk read error" and HDD starts windows startup repair which NEVER finishes or work :(