RAID Setup Issue

vtincubus4

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Long story short, I am attempting to set up a RAID 1 configuration on a fresh install of WIndows 7, and am getting an error. The error doesnt seem to make sense to me, so Im confused as to whether this is a software or drivers issue. If I'm in the wrong place, I apologize.

The short story is Im doing a fresh install of Windows 7 and am getting the following error when i boot to the WIn7 DVD: "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause."

File: \windows\system32\drivers\adpahci.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

I was previously running Win7 with an ASUS p8H67-M Pro/CSM mobo and a solid state drive for my OS, in IDE mode. Wanting to switch to RAID 1, I understood I needed to do a fresh install, and eventually ended up having to make a boot disk to clear my SSD, since it kept trying to repair it whenever it recognized it when I tried to reinstall. I set my BIOS settings to RAID, and enabled all of the drives. I then set up my RAID partition for the 2 brand new Seagate 2 TB drives. I should note, I also get this error when I unplug the SSD just to see what happens.

What am I doing wrong here?