Sign in with
Your question

How did my Network Card Go Missing?

Last response: in Networking
January 8, 2011 9:56:23 PM

I have the same problem as the poster - question how do you unplug the power supply from the motherboard? I have a HP e9260f. The ethernet card is integrated with the motherboard.

More about : network card missing

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b α HP
a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2011 11:21:39 PM

I'm not so sure which post you refer to as you have created your own thread here.

If your Network Adapter isn't apparently functioning I would check Windows, Control Panel, Hardware, Device Manager and see if it's listed or yellow flagged as faulty. There may be a problem with the driver. So uninstall the device if present and restart Windows and hope it reinstalls correctly. No bad thing to look on the HP website for a later chipset driver (which covers the Network Adapter usually).

If all else fails I would just add a new network adapter (PCI NIC is what the dealer will probably call it) they're cheap and will come with a driver disk.
m
l
January 8, 2011 11:40:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not so sure which post you refer to as you have created your own thread here.

If your Network Adapter isn't apparently functioning I would check Windows, Control Panel, Hardware, Device Manager and see if it's listed or yellow flagged as faulty. There may be a problem with the driver. So uninstall the device if present and restart Windows and hope it reinstalls correctly. No bad thing to look on the HP website for a later chipset driver (which covers the Network Adapter usually).

If all else fails I would just add a new network adapter (PCI NIC is what the dealer will probably call it) they're cheap and will come with a driver disk.

I am referring to post by Novus res on 03/03/2010 - the ethernet card is intergrated with the motherboard. An answer was given on 10/22/2010 - they said to just unplug the power supply and then plug it back in again. The ethernet card does not show in the device manager. I have spent many hours on the telephone with helpless folks at HP. They want me to ship the PC back to HP. If someone can show me a picture of the motherboard and where the power supply plug is - I would like to try this first before having to ship the pc back to HP
m
l
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b α HP
a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2011 11:48:17 PM

I don't actually think unplugging the motherboard power supply is relevant to the issue. Possibly they meant unplugging the power cord (from the wall) to the computer's power supply socket on the rear.

But, if you insist, on a desktop computer you will find two different plugs which supply power to the motherboard.

One is a large multipin connector usually made from white clear nylon and the other is a four pin connector with a visible clip also usually made of nylon. These sockets and plugs are pretty much universal to any motherboard and if you download a recent motherboard manual from any of the major motherboard makers (MSI, Asus, Gigabyte etc) they will contain a diagram showing the sockets.

As you have explored the Device Manager situation I would repeat my advice to just buy a new Network Adapter for a few bucks.
m
l
!