Okay, first my computer's build is:
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Revision 1.1 with UEFI F15
Intel core i5 3570K processor
2 8 gig corsair vengeance SDRAM
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair HX 1000 wat PSU
Westinghouse 40" LCD tv as a monitor through HDMI
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse, K350 Wireless Keyboard

My problem is that most of the time when I turn on my computer, it goes through this exact sequence of events:
1. Fans will start, lights will turn on, then everything shuts down after a few seconds.
2. Fans will start, lights will turn on, and it will boot into a blank blue screen with "Gigabyte dual UEFI BIOS" at the top, then everything will shut down.
3. Fans will start, lights will turn on, then everything shuts down after a few seconds.
4. It will then boot properly into windows 8

I have gone through everything I can think of, and just about everything in the gigabyte motherboard sticky, and nothing works. When I first disabled USB Legacy support, that fixed everything for about until the next day, when it all started again. This is my first build, and I'm truly lost as to what is causing this.
9 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte z77x boots empty uefi screen
  1. It looks the bios check procedure showing your main bios is crashed and can not do recovery from backup bios so that it boots up from backup anyway.
    did you check the temp going too hot around cpu or mosfet?
    or you already tried bios update?
  2. Thanks for replying.

I just did a BIOS update today to F16 and it didn't fix the problem. As far as temperature, I'm still n00b enough that I don't know what exactly is considered hot, but there is one part of my board that got up to around 40 degrees C, don't remember which, and the rest sits at about 30 degrees C. The first core of my CPU sometimes gets as hot as 40 degrees C, but not too often, and all of the cores are around 30 degrees C.

And sorry, but I don't know what the mosfet is?
  3. did u try to clear cmos? the bios is error loop during self-check. temperature on ur mb seemed normal so far.
    can remove or change something for further check? remove your wireless kb and ms firstly .. and if insert memory one by one in different slots ..
  4. BerylLee said:
    did u try to clear cmos? the bios is error loop during self-check. temperature on ur mb seemed normal so far.
    can remove or change something for further check? remove your wireless kb and ms firstly .. and if insert memory one by one in different slots ..

I tried boot the computer where I put the motherboard on an anti-static mat with only the cpu and it's heatsink and one stick of RAM connected (no peripherals) and I still got the same symptoms.

I did try a clear CMOS before updating the BIOS, and after, following step by step the Gigabyte motherboard sticky with no effect.

How can the BIOS error loop in the same exact way when I installed a new version of it though?
  5. maybe you need a rma check from now .. :|
  6. Hello,

I have the exact same problem with 2 different motherboards : Z77-DS3H and P67X-UD3-B3. With i5 2500K and 8600GT PCI-E.

Does someone know how to fix this ?

Thanks a lot.
  7. I've had the same problem with this board for over a year.
    It's not the RAM, it's just an issue with THIS PARTICULAR board.

I read somewhere a while ago you can flash some BIOS to it which will fix the issue but I can't seem to find it.

Don't waste your money, it's just a minor issue with this board.

I registered JUST to reply to you so you don't waste money and time trying to fix this mysterious issue.
  8. Im getting a similar problem only windows never boots. It just cycles continuously. I discovered it will boot the UEFI and windows if I remove all the USB devices plugged in.. I've tried various settings in USB settings in UEFI but i cant get it to boot consistently with USB plugs in
  9. Ok I just flashed the UEFI BIOS from F16 to F17f and It now boots both UEFI and windows with all USB devices plugged in.

GA-Z77X-D3H
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards