Welve

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
A friend of mine was recently looking for a new gaming PC on a low-end budget. So, I suggested something along the lines of an i5 2500k or Phenom II X4 980, 100ish dollar mobo, corsair 1600 RAM, and an HD 6870. He had everything thing else and all this can be had for around 500 dollars or so, very reasonable. He talks to his brother/others and instead of getting back to me, makes his purchases. He buys i5-2400 (fine, so long as you dont want to OC, it is more budget friendly and performance is there...), biostar motherboard (okay, not my favorite brand, I prefer gigabyte, asus, asrock, and MSI), 8 GB RAM kit at 1333 (...), and a 192-bit GTX 460...

Not to mention, all of this happened over like an hour, so it wasn't like I was unavailable or unwilling to talk. The 192-bit GTX 460 gets blown away by the 6870 from what I've read and there is a 10-20 dollar difference or if he was deadset on nVidia the 560 is only 30 away. I know, to each his own budget, but I would have at least forced him to get the 256-bit GTX 460 as it makes a big difference...Just feel like I spent a lot of time trying to give good advice and then I get ignored...so why bother?

Welve

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
sorry, this is my venting more than anything, just annoyed..am I in the wrong to be annoyed? I just dont understand it...

Hi :)

I own computer shops...and give out a LOT of advice.....

I have learnt over a LOT of years that the person GIVING advice usually knows what they are talking about and the person who is MEANT to be TAKING advice usually will take advice from the LAST person they talk to lol....

Thats just life I am afraid...you did YOUR best and thats a good thing...

All the best Brett :)