Sign in with
Your question

Ultra microfly temp read problem

Last response: in Systems
December 11, 2011 10:49:23 PM

So I'm having an issue with my newly built system. I've gotten everything set-up and installed the way i want but I can't get the LCD temp display to show my CPU temp... it either sayd H°C or L°C... anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
December 11, 2011 11:54:12 PM

okay so I did a bit of research and found that part of the issue may be my probes... i got the case off of Ebay - the probes are exposed metal. is that normal? I've got them tucked between the blades of my CPU heatsink but still not temp reading... I can't sell this thing with that kind of problem!!
a b B Homebuilt system
December 12, 2011 12:52:19 AM

There is a picture of the sensor here. It looks like it's encased in amber plastic, but I can't be sure what I'm seeing. Does it look like the one you have?

You wanted guesses, so I guess H is high and L is low.
Related resources
December 12, 2011 12:55:43 AM

I've seen that picture too, my leads are bare metal - any idea how I can replace that plastic? electrical tape or something?
December 12, 2011 1:06:59 AM

part of me thought it was broken too but the H-L readings give me hope... also if I pinch both between my finger I get a reading... it's negative 27 or so but hey - it's something! I'll give them a call tomorrow though!
December 13, 2011 1:14:37 PM

well I gave Ultra a call last night - the guy I spoke to was very insightful but his suggestions did not help out with my problem...
!