Sign in with
Your question

PWR_FAN

Last response: in Motherboards
January 22, 2013 1:46:29 PM

my old motherboard's user guide says PWR_FAN is optional and when I checked, there's no port for the front fan. So I was wondering If I have any alternatives. Can I use the case fan port? but I dont thing the cable is long enough... Any solutions?
Thank you all for the answers!
Im new here, this is my first post :D 

More about : pwr fan

January 22, 2013 2:05:55 PM

I am a little confused. Are you asking if you can plug the front fan on your case to the connector labeled "PWR_FAN"? If it is the same connector type, then yes you can. That fan will start spinning as soon as you hit the Power button on your PC. If the cable is not long enough, computer stores carry extension cables that will extend the reach of your fan cable.
January 22, 2013 2:24:24 PM

No, I want to plug the front fan into the case fan port, since the PWR_FAN port is missing, but the cable is too short.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 22, 2013 2:26:20 PM

Oh I see. Yes you would need to purchase an extension for that front fan to reach the case fan port.
January 22, 2013 2:28:16 PM

Moving the front fan to another available fan slot on your case might be an option to
January 22, 2013 2:38:09 PM

I dont think I have other fan slots except case fan ...
January 22, 2013 2:47:32 PM

Not sure if it's clear, but when I say "slot", I don't mean a port on your motherboard. I mean unscrwing the fan itself from your case and moving it to another fan location on your case? Do you know if there are any more places for fans on your case tha will allow the cable to reach the case fan port on your motherboard?
January 22, 2013 3:01:16 PM

I want to put a fan in the front of the case, but the cable wont reach the "case fan port". Thats the only port available. I dont have any other fan ports...
January 22, 2013 3:35:08 PM

bodonk said:
I want to put a fan in the front of the case, but the cable wont reach the "case fan port". Thats the only port available. I dont have any other fan ports...

Yea I would just buy an extension then... They're very cheap.
January 22, 2013 4:53:47 PM

I guess thats the only solution..
Thanks for the help! :D 
January 22, 2013 4:59:43 PM

No problem. Good luck.
!