Motherboard Replace

amarnaik

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I have RC410-M (Rev. 1.1) motherboard in my hp computer..its using from 6 years..now i want to replace this motherboard to Gigabyte GAM68MT-D3 motherboard..thats what i got from my friend..

I was try to connect but there is difference in RC 410-M and GAM68MT-D3 front panel connectors...

In RC410-M there is 9 pin front panel connectors
and GAM68MT-D3 there is 17 pin connectors..

is this possible to connect GAM68MT-D3 motherboard to hp cabinet...?

Please help me out ....:)

amar_naik@live.com

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
if i understand you correctly, the motherboard mounts fine, it also fits the back connector plate fine. your problem is the front panel I/O as in the power, reset, pwr led, hdd led, headphone jack, mic jack and/or usb ports.
well if thats your problem then no it wont fit and there is no adapter.

but you can disassemble it and plug them in directly though. if its the right type of connector, then you need to put heat shrink tubing on it to prevent the wires/connectors from touching each other. or if your lucky and you have the plastic plugs from an old standard (non-proprietary) case, then you could just move the wires into that.

otherwise you need a new case. you can get some super cheap just check reviews before you buy one.

and if your actually expecting an email and never check back here then.... too bad.

amarnaik

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Dear..

thank u so much for replying....

i disassemble it and directly plug in to front panel..then start the system fan ... but none had seen on display...i think there is miss pwr led wire to complete connection to start pc...as thats not has in hp case
and

can u explain me.. (then you need to put heat shrink tubing on it to prevent the wires/connectors from touching each other. or if your lucky and you have the plastic plugs from an old standard (non-proprietary) case, then you could just move the wires into that. )