Computer wont boot with power on

lola213

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hey everyone,
Today I wanted to buy a new computer for gaming but mostly for web and multitasking. I had someone at Micro-center help with the parts and so far I decided to go for the A8 3850 processor, Gigabyte A75M-UD2H motherboard, 4Gb Corsair XMS3 1600, 500gb Hitachi HD 7200, and a Thermaltake TR2 500w power supply. So as i put it together in the new case and make sure everything was put in place i decided to power it up, I plugged it to the monitor VGA cable and plugged the power, mouse, and keyboard. I hit the switch on the PSU and pressed the power button, I was looking at the monitor for any image but nothing come out on the screen.
So my problem is its not booting into the bios to run set up and i checked all the cables and I left it on for 10mins but I got nothing. All the fans turn on, I hear the HDD running... I changed the RAM to different slots. I remember last time I made an AMD system I had the same problem and I ended up changing the RAM from 1333 to 1600 and it booted but the other APU was an A6 3500 so I'm not sure whats wrong with this one, I did get 1600 RAM this time.

Solution
if the fans turn on full speed when you flip the switch (so-to-speak) then its the CPU. Its not on. I've built whole systems and forgot to plug in the power for the CPU on the motherboard. ha ha.

Do you hear a beep code?

arges86

Distinguished
if the fans turn on full speed when you flip the switch (so-to-speak) then its the CPU. Its not on. I've built whole systems and forgot to plug in the power for the CPU on the motherboard. ha ha.

Do you hear a beep code?

Solution

lola213

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

Apparently it was the CPU power connector x.x... this motherboard has 1 4pin on and the PSU has two 4pin CPU connectors together and I was using the wrong side of the 4pin plug.
So now it boots up and I have it running perfectly, thank you arges86!