Installing new HDD question in XP

Can I just install my new rive as a slave and do a global copy or is it more
complicated with Windows XP Pro?
Once transferred I will make the old drive the slave to save backups' to.
Please email me if you have the answer.
Thanks
Jim

JCMIOS@N-CONNECT.NET
2 answers Last reply
More about installing question

    Check with the hard drive manufacturer. They usually provide a method of
    doing what you want.

    "Jim" <jcmios@n-connect.net> wrote in message
    > Can I just install my new rive as a slave and do a global copy or is it
    > more
    > complicated with Windows XP Pro?
    > Once transferred I will make the old drive the slave to save backups' to.
    > Please email me if you have the answer.
    > Thanks
    > Jim
    >
    > JCMIOS@N-CONNECT.NET

    Maxtor and Seagate provide very useful tool for doing this with their retail
    boxed drive units. It is available as a download, should you get the OEM
    disk from a PC shop.

    The software rovides for Formatting, Partitioning and preparation of new
    drive and then the cloning of old to new.

    FOllow the instratuctions to the letter and all will work out fine. Fail to
    do this and you'll have more mess than you can handle.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > Can I just install my new rive as a slave and do a global copy or is it more
    > complicated with Windows XP Pro?
    > Once transferred I will make the old drive the slave to save backups' to.
    > Please email me if you have the answer.
    > Thanks
    > Jim
    >
    > JCMIOS@N-CONNECT.NET

Configuration Hard Drives Customization Windows XP