  • Customization
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
August 25, 2004 3:09:12 AM

Can I just install my new rive as a slave and do a global copy or is it more
complicated with Windows XP Pro?
Once transferred I will make the old drive the slave to save backups' to.
Please email me if you have the answer.
Thanks
Jim

JCMIOS@N-CONNECT.NET

More about : installing hdd question

August 25, 2004 3:09:13 AM

Check with the hard drive manufacturer. They usually provide a method of
doing what you want.

"Jim" <jcmios@n-connect.net> wrote in message
> Can I just install my new rive as a slave and do a global copy or is it
> more
> complicated with Windows XP Pro?
> Once transferred I will make the old drive the slave to save backups' to.
> Please email me if you have the answer.
> Thanks
> Jim
>
> JCMIOS@N-CONNECT.NET

August 25, 2004 7:11:01 AM

Maxtor and Seagate provide very useful tool for doing this with their retail
boxed drive units. It is available as a download, should you get the OEM
disk from a PC shop.

The software rovides for Formatting, Partitioning and preparation of new
drive and then the cloning of old to new.

FOllow the instratuctions to the letter and all will work out fine. Fail to
do this and you'll have more mess than you can handle.