Help on building a computer

sketch22

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
im building a computer and were tryin to spend only around 500-600 and im basically going to just waste it with playing runescape,maplestory, minecraft, and maybe some call of duty. i just want to know what parts are best for the money that will run all these games on high res. im aiming toward an ATI card and an AMD processor. Hmu if you know. thanks :D

Here

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition $125 (Currently out of stock. You can take FX-4100 if you want, but I don't know either)
HSF: Stock
Motherboard: M5A97 $95
RAM: G.Skill 1600 2x4GB $45
Graphics: HIS HD 6850 $140
Hard Drive: Try your old? There is an epic and dramatic price increase because of the flood. A $40 HDD goes up to $100 amazingly lol. If you can't then you are forced to pay $100.
Case: Rosewill Challenger $50
Power: Antec Gamer 400W $60
Optical Drive: Samsung 22x DVD Burner $20
Total Price: $535 (Without Hard Disk) ~$635 (With Hard Disk)

Off topic, but ...
Good looking cat you have there.
LOL I googled it
Mine are good looking, but they won't sit still for pictures. Someday the picture'll be one of mine.

You can get the 955 easily on many other sites, including Amazon.
Yeah, don't buy an HDD if you can avoid it. Hitachi does have $100 750gb ones, though. It seems like 1tb drives have jumped the most in price, as they're the most popular, but you can probably get by on less.
Sunnk, the 1090t is not a good choice for just about anything at the moment, excepting productivity work for people who already have AM3 motherboards. The 955's better and cheaper in gaming, and the 2500K's far better in absolutely everything if you're starting your build fresh.