Upgrade RAM for gaming build?

leel33ml

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hey so I recently put together my first build for gaming and it is working flawlessly!! :sol: Only problem is I got a bundle deal so I could afford the i5 2500k I wanted. In the process I got stuck with an 8 GB single stick of G.Skill Value RAM that is clocked at 1333 timing 9-9-9.

My question is will upgrading to two sticks of gaming RAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145345 Had this in mind) have a significant impact on my gaming performance? Thats mainly what this computer is for.

Also I am upgrading my video card to an MSI 660 Ti OC and getting a corsair H60 liquid cooler. Any better suggestions for the same price? Games I am playing are GW2 D3 and BF3.

Ram speed won't impact your games much if at all. 1600mhz is the sweet spot for everything but benchmarking, on an Intel rig anyway. A good air cooler like the Coolermaster 212 EVO would save you some dough. I use one in a dual fan configuration on my 3770k at 5v and can't even hear it. It doesn't go above 60C either, even when overclocked to 4ghz.