Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair H100 push or pull, negative or positive air flow?

Last response: in CPUs
March 17, 2012 4:07:48 AM

Hello, I recently built a computer with an i7 3930k, with the corsair h100 in a CM Storm Sniper case. Right now, the radiator is mounted on the top, in a push setup, with it pushing air from inside the case , up through the radiator, and out the top.

First question is whether this is the best setup or if I should have it pull air from the top, down through the radiator into the case. I don't have room for a push/pull since there's barely space for the 8 pin power cord for the mobo. Also, would upgrading to better fans help much, and do you have any cheap recommendations.

Second, does positive or negative airflow make a difference? I have currently a 200mm intake in front, a 200mm intake on the side, a 140 intake on the bottom, and a 120 outtake in the back, in addition to the 2 out takes on top through the radiator. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS I run Folding@Home on this so temperatures are currently at 60ish at 100%, and ~31 idle. No overclocks by the way. And I currently have a gt 430 but I will be upgrading to one of the Kepler, if that makes a difference.

Finally, if you know where I can buy the clear side panel, that would be awesome. Thanks!
a c 186 à CPUs
March 17, 2012 4:15:32 AM

That is correct.
m
l
a c 127 à CPUs
March 17, 2012 4:42:30 AM

Not sure on the side panel but from what I have read, as I was thinking of going with a Corsair H100, the fans that come with it are actually better for airflow than other fans.

I can understand as they are made for it.
m
l
Related resources
a c 186 à CPUs
March 17, 2012 5:07:40 AM

Well they do pull around 92cfm, but they are VERY loud! That is why some people may want to change them out.
m
l
March 20, 2012 12:56:06 AM

amuffin said:
That is correct.

Could you please clarify what you mean?
m
l

Best solution

May 7, 2012 5:15:50 AM

bookwormsy said:
First question is whether this is the best setup or if I should have it pull air from the top, down through the radiator into the case. I don't have room for a push/pull since there's barely space for the 8 pin power cord for the mobo. Also, would upgrading to better fans help much, and do you have any cheap recommendations.

this can help you in your fan dilimma:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1193579/h100-how-noticable-i...
if you are in love with the steel handle grip you can still run 3-fans. if not, remove the rivots (bolt it back on for need later) and install 4-fans in push pull. many use the noctua nf-f12 for the push and nf-p12, scythe ap15, ap-12, sickles as pull fans.

bookwormsy said:
Second, does positive or negative airflow make a difference? I have currently a 200mm intake in front, a 200mm intake on the side, a 140 intake on the bottom, and a 120 outtake in the back, in addition to the 2 out takes on top through the radiator. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

the pressure does make a difference in the amount of dust accumulation inside the PC case. positive less and negative more.
on your instance i'd be neither as the mesh nulls the effect. now if you do score a window panel (ive got one) you'd have a negative as the 3-120 fans as exhaust and the single 200 as intake. if you reverse the rear fan as intake then it'll go positive.

airdeano

June 11, 2012 6:00:16 PM

Best answer selected by bookwormsy.
m
l
!