PS2 Gen 1 disc reading

My PS2 1st generation has become better at reading discs on its side than
laying down flat.

Is this weird and is it something that I can fix? I ran a DVD cleaner disc
through it but it didn't help.

Thanks, Lar
3 answers Last reply
More about disc reading

    Larry B wrote:
    > Is this weird and is it something that I can fix? I ran a DVD cleaner disc
    > through it but it didn't help.

    It's nothing weird or new.The laser lens is closer to the disc when the
    console is on it's side hence the better reading.
    You could try adjusting the lens via screws near the laser.

    --
    Glitches are BAD...
    ....Get Firefox!

    ICQ:275699535

    "Glitch" <Glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Larry B wrote:
    > > Is this weird and is it something that I can fix? I ran a DVD cleaner
    disc
    > > through it but it didn't help.
    > >

    > It's nothing weird or new.The laser lens is closer to the disc when the
    > console is on it's side hence the better reading.
    > You could try adjusting the lens via screws near the laser.
    >

    > --
    > Glitches are BAD...

    thanks for the perspective. Its working meanwhile on it side, so why fix it
    when it is not fully broken yet.

    Lar

    Larry B wrote:
    > thanks for the perspective. Its working meanwhile on it side, so why fix it
    > when it is not fully broken yet.

    I just thought that if you adjusted the lens you could play the games
    with the console being put any way you want.
    btw. you could also clean the lens while adjusting it.

    --
    Glitches are BAD...
    ....Get Firefox!
    www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Sony Video Games