Desktop Icon Fill Effect

August 25, 2004 5:34:35 AM

I recently installed Windows XP onto my computer and
after I did this, I realized that once on the desktop,
the background directly behind the desktop icons and
their titles were all filled with a colour that I could
choose. The problem that I have is that I don't want
there to be this fill effect in place. Can anyone offer
some suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:55:18 PM

I too am experiencing this same problem. I am sorry if it
has already been discussed and a solution posed however I
couldn't find one anywhere on the forum.

Thanks

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 10:56:09 PM

It sounds like you've switched Active Desktop off. Tweak UI can switch it
back on. Under 'Explorer' were two options, one of which I can't remember
properly, and it is no longer available with Service Pack 2 installed. One
of them is 'Allow Web content to be added to the desktop'. Tick both that
and the other, which I think is 'Enable Active Desktop'. The link to
download it and the other PowerToys for Windows XP from Microsoft is below.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Windows XP onto my computer and
> after I did this, I realized that once on the desktop,
> the background directly behind the desktop icons and
> their titles were all filled with a colour that I could
> choose. The problem that I have is that I don't want
> there to be this fill effect in place. Can anyone offer
> some suggestions. I greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!
August 26, 2004 12:33:28 AM

Hi,

Checkpoints to consider:

1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check "Use drop shadows
for icon labels on desktop".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dorothy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:038601c48af6$9779b420$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>I too am experiencing this same problem. I am sorry if it
> has already been discussed and a solution posed however I
> couldn't find one anywhere on the forum.
>
> Thanks

October 2, 2004 8:01:04 AM

Hey Anando, I too am experiencing this problem but your checkpoints didn't
help fix it. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS
MESSAGE A.S.A.P!

Cheers
"Anando [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Checkpoints to consider:
>
> 1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"
>
> 2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check "Use drop shadows
> for icon labels on desktop".
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Dorothy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:038601c48af6$9779b420$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >I too am experiencing this same problem. I am sorry if it
> > has already been discussed and a solution posed however I
> > couldn't find one anywhere on the forum.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:45:48 PM

Sorry, but i cannot think of anything else that might be causing this.

--

http://aspnet2.com/mvp.ashx?AnandoChatterjee

!