bullsheet

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
hi guys ... im new to all this fan arrangement thing n i wanted to ask u guyz for sum suggestions ...

so i have a coolermaster elite 310 ... bought it day before ... it was cheap n big enough for my 560 ti to fit in n still leave some room ...

now to the matter at hand ... at the moment i have stock exhaust fan n theres an option for side 120mm/80mm/90mm fan n front 120mm fan ... so how should i proceed with it ? ...

i read in some forums that the side fan n front should b instlled as intake nn some of the forums suggest side fan should b installed as exhaust ...

i have ordered two coolermaster 90 cf fans which i will receive in 2 - 3 days ...

i really want these fans as 560 ti really gets hot compared to 9800gt which i had ... i saw it touching 87c while playing bf3 ... thats not really normal temp i guess ... 9800 gt on load always remained under 55c ... any help from u guyz would b greatly appreciated n sorry the lengthy post ...

o n even my cpu gets really hot ... with stock cooler on i5 2500k ...

bullsheet

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

yea i think i did a pretty good job with the cable management with this 1 ... ill post a pic ... so u can have better look ..

Great article on fan placement and impact on cooling: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/02/10/the-big-cooling-investigation/1

In an aircooled system:
Front fans should be intake.
Rear and top should be exhaust.

Side fans generally are intake. But if you are adding side fans, you should test. An exhaust fan may work better. That's unlikely because it will steal airflow from any installed GPU. And leaving the fan off may give better temps than installing it..

I am running three Antec 900 cases. Installing a side fan in any of the cases has an adverse effect on case temps.