Any cheap BT USB dongles with XP SP2 driver support?

Last response: in Technologies
August 23, 2005 3:51:42 AM

Looking for a UK seller of XP SP2 Bluetooth dongles. It absolutly must
support the signed XPSP2 drivers and stack.. Most use Widcomm it seems.

Looking at the slew of £8 dongles on ebay, it's impossible to tell..

Anyone know of one that is confirmed to work?

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:59:03 AM

Black Shuck wrote:

> Looking for a UK seller of XP SP2 Bluetooth dongles. It absolutly must
> support the signed XPSP2 drivers and stack.. Most use Widcomm it seems.

Why not Widcom? It does work with XP SP2. The only thing is that, after XP
installs its own drivers, you need to uninstall them & force XP to install
the ones that come with the dongle. It should work after that. At least
it did for the person who gave me the info in the Motorola NG, using the
DLink dongle. And the procedure worked for my Targus branded Widcom. It
does just fine with my Palm & my V551.

> Anyone know of one that is confirmed to work?

See above.

Bill K
December 4, 2007 8:14:48 PM

i am searching for the exactly same thing, a dongle that works with the default microsoft windows xp sp2 (64bit version, but i don't think that makes any difference) bluetooth stack and additionally preferably with linux (bluez stack) and on OSX.
i really want something working out of the box without any widcomm or bluesoleil drivers or other ****.

informations provided on products online seem to be quite limited and rarely include the real range ("up to 100m"), capabilitys or the type of stack used (widcomm/bluesoleil/microsoft).

if anyone has a device that works with the default microsoft stack, please, please paste the name, model number and preferably hardware id (from device manager) here.
December 13, 2008 7:09:33 PM

Your a bit specific test1234, but most dongles support SP2 now, any cheap dongle on eBay should do...

I don't think you get driverless USB dongles (if that's what you mean)
!