Help with my internet connection

My problem is that my internet cuts off for around 10 or so seconds (lose connection, reconnect and than lose connection again, than reconnect). This happens sometimes every 5 or so minutes. This started happening when my internet cut off for around a week, AT&T wouldn't come out unless we had their 2wire router (we order and connect it). The AT&T technician comes out and makes one of my wall Ethernet ports so it doesn't need a filter, he gets the internet working, but this problem started. I called AT&T about it and they did something and said they fixed it but it still happens. I have tried using 2 other netgear routers but for some reason they dont get a internet connection. The router I have is a 2wire 2701HG-B. Any help would be appreciated.
I also never lose connection to the router, the router just stops broadcasting the internet. This is now happening everytime I play a online game, I join a server and I lose internet.
2 answers Last reply
More about help internet connection
  1. Check the DHCP setting on the router--what's the lease time? And did this happen when plugged directly into a modem (or have you only had router combos)?
  2. This started happening when we switched from a Netgear router to the 2wire one, we have only used router combos. We have 6 devices that are connected to the router and it seems that whenever I use my computer or ipod touch the internet will drop. When I have my computer off it rarely happens. Could this be from a virus or something, or is it bandwith related? The DHCP lease time is 24 hours.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Connection Internet Connection Internet Wireless Networking