Problem With XP Sp2

Hi All,

I have Xp Sp2 CD. When i install it, a error message is appear as "Setup
could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf. Make sure the
Cryptographic service is running on this computer." Can any one help me
what i do now for installing sp2. Also i checked that cryptographice
service is running on my pc.

Thanks

Asif
1 answer Last reply
More about problem

    Muhammad Asif wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Xp Sp2 CD. When i install it, a error message is appear as
    > "Setup could not verify the integrity of the file update.inf. Make
    > sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer." Can any
    > one help me what i do now for installing sp2. Also i checked that
    > cryptographice service is running on my pc.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Asif

    See the following MSKB article for the fix.

    You cannot install some updates or programs:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822798

    --
    Regards,

    Ronnie Vernon