PS2 front USB ports and Hard Disk

Last response: in Video Games
April 25, 2005 10:58:26 AM

Hello all,

Just bought an old PS2 Ver 5.
Can somebody tell me what the connections are for under the controller
input? Also which type of 200 gb hard drive will fit into the bay so i can
transfer my games onto HD?

Thanks
Jazzer
April 25, 2005 1:30:16 PM

you can use a USB hd, not too fast tho.
you can use a maxtor 200gig with hdloader
hdloader.net

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:58:26 +0000 (UTC), "jazza"
<lenrobertsuk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Just bought an old PS2 Ver 5.
>Can somebody tell me what the connections are for under the controller
>input? Also which type of 200 gb hard drive will fit into the bay so i can
>transfer my games onto HD?
>
>Thanks
>Jazzer

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:30:35 PM

"jazza" <lenrobertsuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 4i4ei$2cu$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Just bought an old PS2 Ver 5.
> Can somebody tell me what the connections are for under the controller
> input? Also which type of 200 gb hard drive will fit into the bay so i can
> transfer my games onto HD?
>
> Thanks
> Jazzer

Their is also a firewire connection to link two PS2's together, as for the
HD, good luck, a friend of mine who does those converts tried just using
the one I got for FP XI to run my games off of even after moding it but no
go.
Related resources
April 25, 2005 3:34:34 PM

"jazza" <lenrobertsuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 4i4ei$2cu$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hello all,
>
> Just bought an old PS2 Ver 5.
> Can somebody tell me what the connections are for under the controller
> input? Also which type of 200 gb hard drive will fit into the bay so i can
> transfer my games onto HD?

The USB ports can be used for certain add ons like keyboard, eyetoy, that
sort of thing.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:10:54 PM

http://forum.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_compatibility.asp