Need help with Sony burner (buffer)

G

I just put together a new system (Athlon 850, MSI mainboard, 256 Mb, 20 Gb ATA 100 hd, Sony CRX140E/CH2 burner as the only CD drive) and I cannot burn at 8x, only 1,2 and 4x. I keep getting buffer underruns. It came bundled with Sony s/w but I chose to use Adaptec's v.4.01 instead. Since I couldn't get it to work at 8x, I removed EZcd creator and used the Sony s/w but it wont allow me to copy at all. I put in the original and it tells me that there is no space on this disk (duh!), so I try the blank and it tells me that there is no info to be recorded (duh! again). It's as if it doesn't know there's only one CD drive. Anyway, I would like to use the EZcd Creator instead, but at 8x!. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks in advance.

G

Did you enable DMA mode for your HD and CDRW?

If you didn't do it and try again.

G

I think you gave that advice to someone else so I tried it and it works fine now. Weird thing is in the instructions for the burner it says to 'disable DMA' and 'auto-insert notification'. Enabling DMA worked, EZ-CD Creator tells me to 'enable auto....' but I think I leave it the way it is. Thanks!!