My laptop can't detect my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishballsoup

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
So i booted up my laptop the other day and i go to watch a video and i get a blue screen, i then restart the computer and it boots up in 800x600, restart it again. and then it's back to full resolution but only using the chipset graphics card, instead of the Nvidia 310m (1gb)

Im using an Asus K52Jc and running Windows 7 Ultimate.
- On a side note my PC (which i havent used in months) has a similar problem as i went to boot it up yesterday it ran through its boot cycle then went to a colour static when loading the desktop and rebooted itself, continuing through this loop. however it boots up fine on safe mode.....

Solution
In that case it seems like a hardware fault. To rule out software completely you could re-install windows but I don't think it'll make a difference.

perhaps take it to a PC repair shop for a second opinion?

fishballsoup

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

Yeah i was planning on calling ASUS customer care tomorrow because i believe that it's still covered under warranty.
however i cant afford to reinstall windows just for the sake of it, i dont have THAT much time.. :<

thanks for your help i'll let you know how it goes...

Also while i have you, My PC which is a dell xstudio (xps) and it's relatively new, now i booted it up yesterday and it went through the boot cycle until it began to load my desktop at which point it went to some sort of warped static with colour....

any ideas?

I'd check all the basic stuff first, Try a different monitor, different monitor cable, check the graphics cards temps ETC...

If that checks out ok then re-install drivers, if your still getting the same problem then try the graphics card in another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.