Solved

New Build not booting properly. Please help.

I built a new PC the other day and I am having problems getting it to work, I am not sure this is the right area to post it but I THINK it might be a MoBo issue. Whenever I turn on the PC the screen that shows the MoBo details such as ASRock will flash and instantly go to a black screen with a white flashing underscore symbol and does nothing else. If I am fast enough I can get into BIOs and I reset UEFI settings and that didn't help...

Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks in advance.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build booting properly help
  1. roaddoc326 said:
    I built a new PC the other day and I am having problems getting it to work, I am not sure this is the right area to post it but I THINK it might be a MoBo issue. Whenever I turn on the PC the screen that shows the MoBo details such as ASRock will flash and instantly go to a black screen with a white flashing underscore symbol and does nothing else. If I am fast enough I can get into BIOs and I reset UEFI settings and that didn't help...

2. roaddoc326 said:

i GUESS OS PROBLEM. wHICH ONE ARE YOU USING ?
  3. SPEED94 said:
    i GUESS OS PROBLEM. wHICH ONE ARE YOU USING ?

Windows7
  4. roaddoc326 said:
    Windows7

wAS the installation done properly and did you use something on the windows platform.
    This generally happens when you install something dead or the os is not compatible with your pc.64 bit or 32 ?
  5. If you're not running an SSD you need to circumvent that in the BIOS.
  6. Best answer
    roaddoc326 said:
    Windows7

It has nothing to do with the OS, because the OS hasn't yet loaded during POST. Take a look at this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

SPEED94: Stop wasting peoples time: you have no clue. Find another way to increase your post count.
  7. thenewnumber2 said:
    It has nothing to do with the OS, because the OS hasn't yet loaded during POST. Take a look at this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

SPEED94: Stop wasting peoples time: you have no clue. Find another way to increase your post count.

well I love hearing people jumping on things said in web and on theoritical information :bounce: and having no common sense and practical knowledge at all :lol: . Anyway its funny to know that some people at least waste their time increasing their post count :D and also heard somewhere that people who do those type of things often thinks that others are like them too :whistle: :whistle: .Highly funny :D :D :D
  8. swifty_morgan said:
    If you're not running an SSD you need to circumvent that in the BIOS.

It is set under a Hardrive not SSD for booting.
  9. SPEED94 said:
    wAS the installation done properly and did you use something on the windows platform.
    This generally happens when you install something dead or the os is not compatible with your pc.64 bit or 32 ?

Installation should have been fine and even if it wasn't it wont let me boot from a disc. Or any other drive for that matter.
  10. there are 3.0 and 6.0 SATA slots on the board. did you try another? also try another cable.

is that slot enabled in the BIOS?
  11. roaddoc326 said:
    Installation should have been fine and even if it wasn't it wont let me boot from a disc. Or any other drive for that matter.

A black screen with a underscore (at least what I have seen) is when there is a boot device problem(HDD/SSD as the case may be) or a Operating system disorder.If changing bios settings to default does not work and bios detects the proper drives you should try a fresh OS install.
  12. Best answer selected by roaddoc326.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards New Build