Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Tailpipe

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 16, 2011 11:15:06 AM

Hi guys. I need help. Im a fun of NFS shift2. The problem is these when Im playing NFS I always restart the game when Im not contented on my driving( specially on corners) When I restart I get a slow motion... 1st I thought It was the card but, I run the start manager and I notice that It was the hard drive having the highest rate of active time. When I pause and go to desktop using ( ALT F4 ) ang go back again to the game. It runs smoothly. I think it has to do with the loading in the hard drive. Guys.. anyone of you encounters this kind of situation? Can anyone help me and give me advice or maybe I can tweak at the bios or the card. Heres my specs.


Phenom2 x2 555be ( but unlocked it to x4)
Msi MObo 870-G45
Hard drive Samsung 1 tera byte 7200rpm
8 gb of ram 2 gb ddr3 (x2) and 4gb ddr3 (1x) Kingston
Msi gtx460 hawk talon attack
Samsung DVD rom
Monitor Samsung BX2250 21.5" 1920x1080
Power supply Thermaltake lite power 600watts
Altec Lansing FX3021 speaker


Im running my V.card at stock clock of 810mhz (stock clock of msi) Mybe you got some ideas were I can tweak or make some changes at my bios...
I also overclock my processor at 3.6 Ghz the original was 3.2 Ghz I only change the multiplier to 18 instead of 16. Thanks in advance...

More about : tailpipe

a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2011 1:21:03 PM

It takes time to reload all the textures. If you don't like waiting, you need a faster hard drive. An SSD would make a big, big difference.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2011 1:53:09 PM

The unlocked cpu may not be stable... just because they "unlocked" doesn't mean the cores are functioning correctly. Keep the cpu clocks and go back to X2... see how it works. I have a ssd but have all of my games and data on 7200rpm drives and they're fine. Besides the initial "starting" of the game from desktop the ssd offers no improvement whatsoever in-game or fps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11728-optimize-win...
Score
0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 16, 2011 2:50:45 PM

tnx for the help. Ill try it and Ill give you a feedback If it works. Again thanks for ur time...
Score
0
a c 253 U Graphics card
October 16, 2011 3:04:01 PM

Easiest solution is to not restart. Getting an SSD would help solve the problem since the issue is not in overall gameplay but the restart. It might be an expensive sloution be then it depends on the individual playing the game to determine how important it is to him and an SSD will help in the overall performance of Windows.
Score
0
October 16, 2011 3:16:49 PM

Heres the situation guys when I played it runs smoothly theres a many times I restart the game still it runs smooth theres some times i got slo mo not just by restarting the game, even the next level. Its unpredictable some times from the restart or the next level and even when I go to the games car lot...but, again if I go to desktop using ALT F4 and going back to the game the slomo problem was fixed.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2011 3:27:32 PM

tailpipe said:
Heres the situation guys when I played it runs smoothly theres a many times I restart the game still it runs smooth theres some times i got slo mo not just by restarting the game, even the next level. Its unpredictable some times from the restart or the next level and even when I go to the games car lot...but, again if I go to desktop using ALT F4 and going back to the game the slomo problem was fixed.


Go back to using dual core, defrag and re-check... Keep it simple first. Not all of AMD's "unlockable" cpu's are stable. Sometimes all might seem stable but it really isn't.
Score
0
October 17, 2011 4:27:13 AM

Thanks Russwood14888 I tried it, so far Im having no problems. Anyway I would like to add up. Last summer Im playing Call of Duty Blackops having the standard amd 555be x2. Im having problem its like a chop or freeeze n goes back again thats why I unlocked it to x4 and the problem was solved. Do you think it has to do with the recommended requirement of the game utilizing a quadcore?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 4:32:04 AM

if you can unlock the cpu in the bios to open cores, even if you need to drop core speed I would do that, the talon attack is a serious memory overclocker that was the advantage over the orignial talon was way better mem chips, and the core can come to 900 no problem and the mem has lots of room. These two tips are a lot more effective than spending a bunch of money and are completely free
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 4:52:43 AM

tailpipe said:
Thanks Russwood14888 I tried it, so far Im having no problems. Anyway I would like to add up. Last summer Im playing Call of Duty Blackops having the standard amd 555be x2. Im having problem its like a chop or freeeze n goes back again thats why I unlocked it to x4 and the problem was solved. Do you think it has to do with the recommended requirement of the game utilizing a quadcore?


To be honest, maybe. Minimum cpu requirements (AMD) for Black Ops is Phenom X3. Goes back to your cpu, you unlocked 2 cores right, perhaps (1)one is fine and the other is not stable. Black Ops utilizes 3 cores so who knows. You've got to know, the AMD cpu's that have "deactivated" cores are the X3 & X4 rejects that didn't pass QC. AMD then told MOBO manufacturers that if they could find a way to "unlock" cores they could use it as a bargaining chip (genius on AMD's part).

Nevertheless, B.O.'s is so badly optimized for PC it's ridiculous. I have a 2600k, 6950's 16gb ram, etc and that game is crap. I'd have 120+ fps and it would still be unplayable... turn on Vsync with a solid 60 fps in fraps and it would still be fracked up. Maybe it was CF in my situation but needless to say I tossed the game. Completely unplayable.

Anyway, I hope I helped and I hope your game continues to run good.

Take care




Score
0
October 17, 2011 6:38:12 AM

B.O.'s is a crap I drink to that bro...rigth now Ill stick for x2 after Im finished wth NFS Shift2. Im also thinking that maybe Im having a bottleneck with the processor by means of processing the speed of the v.card....Thnks alot.

Score
0
October 17, 2011 6:49:32 AM

spentshells said:
if you can unlock the cpu in the bios to open cores, even if you need to drop core speed I would do that, the talon attack is a serious memory overclocker that was the advantage over the orignial talon was way better mem chips, and the core can come to 900 no problem and the mem has lots of room. These two tips are a lot more effective than spending a bunch of money and are completely free




Ive already done this by overclocking the processor at the bios and Ive also tweaking the v.card. Ive change the fsb ratio to x11 the default is x10 resulting 2200 it help a little. But, still Im having the problem. Would you think it has to do with the v.card speed and the processing of the unlocked cpu or may I say the processing capability of the cpu a bottleneck with the v.cad?
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 12:14:22 PM

tailpipe said:
B.O.'s is a crap I drink to that bro...rigth now Ill stick for x2 after Im finished wth NFS Shift2. Im also thinking that maybe Im having a bottleneck with the processor by means of processing the speed of the v.card....Thnks alot.


I don't know you're money situation and won't pretend to know what you can and can't afford, but AMD chips are cheap and if there's one thing I've always liked about AMD it's the ease of installation of both the cpu and heatsink. AMD cpu's are very cheap and you can put any one you like into your board minus the newer FX chips.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/870-G45.html#?div=CPUSuppo...

You can eliminate the question of "is it my cpu" with a simple upgrade.

Here's a good one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

...and yes B.O.'s was pretty bad.


Share
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 2:33:21 PM

When I say unlocked I mean you now have 4 active cores right now ?
Score
0
October 18, 2011 1:52:12 PM

Yes Ive done that thats the time it went wrong. I think russwood is right maybe 1 of the cores is unstable. But, right now i go back to the default stock x2. so far the problem was solve. Anyway is there a software that I can use to pin point the unstable core so that I can disable it at the bios?
Score
0
October 18, 2011 2:04:24 PM

RussK1 said:
I don't know you're money situation and won't pretend to know what you can and can't afford, but AMD chips are cheap and if there's one thing I've always liked about AMD it's the ease of installation of both the cpu and heatsink. AMD cpu's are very cheap and you can put any one you like into your board minus the newer FX chips.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/870-G45.html#?div=CPUSuppo...

You can eliminate the question of "is it my cpu" with a simple upgrade.

Here's a good one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

...and yes B.O.'s was pretty bad. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/escujuri/drink.jpg




Im not a really a fan of amd. But, to what Ive heard and saw from the web even here at toms. Many have favor to amd chips specially for playing games. Still i havent tried intel personally. The truth is the best product is the 1 that suits you and can bring or deliver your needs. God bless
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2011 2:15:30 PM

tailpipe said:
Im not a really a fan of amd. But, to what Ive heard and saw from the web even here at toms. Many have favor to amd chips specially for playing games. Still i havent tried intel personally. The truth is the best product is the 1 that suits you and can bring or deliver your needs. God bless


I'm an Intel guy myself... I just recommended a somewhat painless upgrade for you simply to get ya away from the X2.

Russ
Score
0
October 18, 2011 4:59:06 PM

ey how long have you been using intel? What kind an i7? Can you give ur system specs? just want to know. Maybe Ill consider it in the future...
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 18, 2011 5:13:48 PM

tailpipe said:
ey how long have you been using intel? What kind an i7? Can you give ur system specs? just want to know. Maybe Ill consider it in the future...




Score
0
October 19, 2011 3:46:53 AM

Thanks..
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 2:17:40 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
January 29, 2012 2:17:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!