Last response: in Motherboards
January 23, 2013 9:11:14 AM

Hi Folks

Recently rebuilt the innards of my PC and the spec is currently :

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
i3 3220
Asus P8z77-v LX Mobo
Asus Radeon HD 7700 2GB

Everything is basically peachy but I seem to have picked up an issue with one of the two monitors attached

At first I had assumed that the monitor had gone faulty, I have swapped all the cables with the other monitor but this made no difference. However, I noticed this morning that - from cold start, turning on PC then monitors, the ASUS logo appears on both screens and then the problem appears to occur, so for now I have ruled out the monitor. A few seconds after the ASUS logo pops up, one monitor carries on and is fine, the other, a Samsung Syncmaster 930BF goes the sleep and cannot be woken without pulling all the cables out the back and leaving it for a few minutes, at which point plugging it back in its then fine again. The Dell monitor is fine.

So I am assuming that either the Mobo BIOS or the graphics card is causing some sort of event with the monitor, but a bit stuck where to start. This is apparently before it starts windows so I would tend to be looking at the MOBO, but none of the settings I can find in the bios appear to relate to monitor settings - bios for the MOBO is July 2012 so it's hardly old.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this ?

Cheers

Alik.

January 23, 2013 9:34:43 AM

hello
I think it's a RAM problems try to change the place of the RAM or if u have one try to change it
a c 118 Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
a c 471 V Motherboard
January 23, 2013 11:29:11 AM

sounds like a damaged video driver or the monitor not set up right in the ccc control panel. the video card and monitor are working in dos/boot screen but windows is turning the second monitor off. i would check your windows settings. see how the monitors are set up. if you cant find a problem with windows or ccc. look into using a 3 party software for two monitor set ups.
Related resources
!