Asus p8z68 deluxe first boot issues

compunerd3

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hi everyone...
I made my first build and am having issues booting for the first time.
Here is the spec.
Intel core i7 LGA 1155 3770k
Akasa 750 w Venom
Palit gtx 670
Kingston hyper x genesis 1600 4x2gb
Asus p8z68 deluxe board.

I put everything together and on first boot the fans start and lights start and stop after 2 seconds.
The CPU led is red. The LED qcode reads 19.

There is thermal phase on the processor.
I searched online for a few hrs for solutions and here is what I have tried.
1:reset CMOS with switch (no jumper on board)
2:Take out battery for 15 mins and retry
3:take board out disconnect all leaving only CPU and 1 stick of ram....I done this and for first few starts same problem but in last attempt it stayed on with no beeps and the code read 10 which in the manual reads PEI Core started
The CPU light was NOT on however the dram led was red with only one stick of ram.
4:I pressed memok to try diagnose the ram issue but board restarted back to 19 led code.
Since all this didn't work I put board and all parts back in case to try see if I can get code 10 again with a boot screen but no luck.

PS: I also check for bent pins or touching pins etc under magnifying glass but all seemed okay
Any help is appreciated

check the mb ser# lable the last 4 numbers are the bios rev of the mb. check that number out with the bios update page for that mb to make sure you have the updated bios to post an ib cpu. if not you need an older sb cpu or have asus flash the mb for you or swap the mb out with a z chipset mb that has the updated bios on it.

compunerd3

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
For the past hour I have started the build from scratch following the thread you showed me. I had the screws in behind the board etc.
Exact same is happening nothing has changed.

@smorizio
The last four digits are 0501
I checked http://ie.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PRO/#download
the latest bios update is 3603
If i format a usb stick to fat 32 can I flash the bios manually?

compunerd3

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
After some searching it seems my bios version may be to outdated for the new i7 CPU.
I have downloaded the new version from asus but am trying to flash through USB having no success.
Can anyone tell me with this board can I flash the new bios update through usb without CPU installed?

Also my brother has DELL Intel Core Quad Q8200 2.33GHZ
How can I see if his CPU is compatible with my LGA1155 socket to see if i can plug in his CPU just to update my bios??
Any help is appreciated

compunerd3

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013