USB Flash recognition

Hello,

I just built a new system, and made some simliar upgrades / tweaks to an existing system and both are having the same issue.

When i insert a USB flash drive into either system, Windows is not recognizing the device.

I have tried 2 different USB devices and neither work. I have used both of these devices in other computers so i know they both function.

The common changes that I have made to both systems are: installed an OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD and a fresh installation of Windows 7 on both computers (no other hard drives are currently connected)

I have even gone into the disk management but the USB flash drives do not appear.

What do i need to do to get Windows 7 to recognize these flash drives?
6 answers Last reply
More about flash recognition
  1. Check if your flash drive works.
  2. Its unlikely, but check if the headers are in for the front USB.

Try all the ports.

Are u trying the USB3 port and drivers are not installed?
  3. USB ports are all powered. In the system that i upgraded I unplugged my originally HDD that had Windows Vista 64bt on it. When this drive was originally installed the USB flash drives worked fine. Once i unplugged this hard drive and installed the SSD and Windows 7 the flash drive was no longer recognized. All Windows 7 updates have been done and all motherboard drivers are up to date.

The other rig had Windows XP and a HDD in it and the USB flash drive worked fine in that as well.

The only common denominator in both systems that i changed was swapping out the HDD for SSD and install fresh copies of Windows 7.

I have tried all the USB ports on front and back of both systems. Even unplugging mouse and keyboard ones that i know work. Still does not register.
  4. What is your mobo...
  5. Asus P8Z68-Pro V Gen 3
    other is
    XFX 680i
  6. And did u check if your flash drive actually works.
Ask a new question

Read More

USB Flash Devices Windows 7