New Build (Motherboard query)

bikerguy696

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi guys!

I was hoping some of you might guide me if there is a better motherboard or if you think this would be a good combination.

I am going to get a Intel Core i5 3570K.

I have read some reviews and on here and have found that the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel audio ATX Motherboard would seem to be a good choice for what i want.

I am not looking to overclock I just want a pc that will be good for playing most games at a fairly high performance and just generally fast performance at reasonable price.

I should also add I have the Fractal Design R4 case.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Better motherboard? well generally the more features that you want, the better it is for you

you can spend $20 or $200 on a motherboard, the performance will be exactly the same.

the Extreme 4 is a good choise and it's on the latest Z77, so why not?

You know just having an i5 3570k wont give you good gaming performance... at all

you need a graphics card, I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I see some people spending $X,XXX on a "gaming" computer and think an i7 is all you need and don't even bother with a graphics card XD

bikerguy696

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
No thats great thanks! Was not insulted I had in my head to start off getting a good base of a computer reasonably priced but has some oomph with the ability to keep upgrading the graphics card as I needed however just had not researched that one yet :)

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
ASRock Z77 Pro3 is really well priced as well at the moment, USB, loads of slots, nice cooler PCB, Z77, loads of fan headers, good I/O, supports SLi/Crossfire, all that good shet.

3570k is good aswell like you mentioned but if you're just going for like a 7850 like mentioned above, get an i3 3220, half the price of the 3570k and same gaming performance until you get up to like a 7950/GTX 670 (you can always swap out the CPU easily at a later date)