Sign in with
Your question

What do i need to build my own computer

Last response: in Components
March 17, 2012 9:20:12 PM

I wanna build my own computer from scratch, and i have never done it before. However, i know what i want, but i dont know what i NEED. Can anyone tell me what parts are needed? I know that i want it to have at least 4 gig of ram and at the minimum a dual core processor, and a pretty damn good graphics card. thanks

More about : build computer

March 17, 2012 9:23:37 PM

CPU/Motherboard/RAM
Hard drive / Optical drive (CD/DVD)
Graphics card (if not using integrated graphics on CPU or some motherboards)
Case and Power Supply.
Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and Windows operating system.
m
l
March 17, 2012 9:26:58 PM

There is a whole separate section of the forum setup for building new systems.

Systems > Homebuilt > New Build
If you want to hop over there you'll find a lot of others doing the same thing you are.

Have you set a budget for this project?

If you fill out the form in *How To Ask For New Build Advice* you'll answer all the standard questions that help things get started.

m
l
Related resources
March 17, 2012 11:16:21 PM

You need proper knowledge or a will to learn.
m
l
March 17, 2012 11:17:22 PM

Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.
m
l
March 17, 2012 11:54:47 PM

You need money.
m
l
March 18, 2012 12:49:36 AM

thank you WR2 :) 
m
l
!