12v rail raidmax 630ss

Hello,
i just bought a evga gtx560 fermi and it keeps crashes i think its the psu i have a raidmax 630ss i have 2 12v rails at 22@ but dont know which ones are the 12 rails lol and if they are even enough to power it up
16 answers Last reply
More about rail raidmax 630ss
  1. That's your problem. Only get quality PSUs from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, OCZ.
  2. Raidmax is crap. It doesn't have enough amps to power the card.
  3. For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

    Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

    The Raidmax Hybrid Series 630 Watts (RX-630SS), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 36 Amps and with one 6-pin and one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 560.
  4. But would you trust it ko?^^ I would feel unsafe running any raidmax item in my pc.
  5. amuffin said:
    But would you trust it ko?^^ I would feel unsafe running any raidmax item in my pc.

    I would never buy a Raidmax PSU to begin with.

    I am only providing an answer to the OP, not an opinion.

    There's no proof that the power supply is even working correctly.
  6. ko888 said:
    I would never buy a Raidmax PSU to begin with.

    I am only providing an answer to the OP, not an opinion.

    There's no proof that the power supply is even working correctly.
    So basically it is sufficient, but only on paper. We don't know if they lied.
  7. That's what I am worried about, I was at a frys the other day and I saw a guy purchase a 1000w raidmax psu, wasn't sure to stop him or not. :lol:
  8. amuffin said:
    That's what I am worried about, I was at a frys the other day and I saw a guy purchase a 1000w raidmax psu, wasn't sure to stop him or not. :lol:
    That poor chap...
  9. Thanks for the feedback its my very first build, was going for a way cheaper graphics card but they told me the gtx 560 was good for the price i actually kept getting better parts than my original build plan but never changed my psu a mistake that will never happen again what do u guys think about a CORSAIR Gaming Series GS600 600W is it enough or should i go 800w
  10. Much better, but can you get the corsair tx650w?
  11. yea i saw that one but i went for the 600 cause it comes with the blue led lol
  12. Marty84 said:
    yea i saw that one but i went for the 600 cause it comes with the blue led lol

    That's how people get into these problems.

    The pretty lights distract them.
  13. ko888 said:
    That's how people get into these problems.

    The pretty lights distract them.
    Lol! :lol:
    So true!
  14. haha yeah ive been told that before, still not much diference in watts and amps on the 600 and 650 but im gonna go with the corsair gs800
  15. The Corsair TX850 V2 850W is a better power supply than the Corsair Gaming Series GS800 for that price range. It has a 5 Year warranty vs the 3 Year warranty for the GS800.

    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=58383&vpn=CMPSU-850TXV2&manufacture=Corsair&promoid=1361
  16. ^+100000000000000000000000000000
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies EVGA Raidmax Components