Solved

Asus Motherboard Bent Pin?...

Hey guys this is my first build.
I recently bought a ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard and it appears that one of the pins in the cpu socket is bent.

Is this severe enough to ruin it?, should I return it?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus motherboard bent
  1. If it's easy to return, I would. If you have to go through ASUS RMA, wow, that's a tough call. Been there, have felt that pain...

Personally, I'd get out a hefty magnifier, a couple good lights, and my dental tools. Make sure it's not a piece of lint or something first. If it really is a bent pin, some careful work with a tiny hook might help, but you're just as likely to break the pin as actually fix it.

Good luck, whichever route you take!
  2. Best answer
    Asus policy is not to RMA boards with bent pins, they will not be covered, you'll have to pay for repair/fix the bent pins from them.
    You could just try to fix it yourself.
  3. Well this build will take another 3 months to finish, I looked at the pin with a magnifying glass and noticed it was silver as opposed from gold, not really sure if its supposed be like that. It really stinks I can't return it since it came like this out of the box!!!!, Oh well I guess the only thing I can do is see if it boots before I try anything else.
  4. Best answer selected by Smalew.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Build