Asus Motherboard Bent Pin?...

Smalew

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hey guys this is my first build.
I recently bought a ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard and it appears that one of the pins in the cpu socket is bent.
55hsb8.jpg

Is this severe enough to ruin it?, should I return it?

Solution
Asus policy is not to RMA boards with bent pins, they will not be covered, you'll have to pay for repair/fix the bent pins from them.
You could just try to fix it yourself.

isochrony

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
If it's easy to return, I would. If you have to go through ASUS RMA, wow, that's a tough call. Been there, have felt that pain...

Personally, I'd get out a hefty magnifier, a couple good lights, and my dental tools. Make sure it's not a piece of lint or something first. If it really is a bent pin, some careful work with a tiny hook might help, but you're just as likely to break the pin as actually fix it.

Good luck, whichever route you take!

Smalew

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Well this build will take another 3 months to finish, I looked at the pin with a magnifying glass and noticed it was silver as opposed from gold, not really sure if its supposed be like that. It really stinks I can't return it since it came like this out of the box!!!!, Oh well I guess the only thing I can do is see if it boots before I try anything else.