Can you "Pimp Out" a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS?

Zigiy

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I was talking to a friend over minecraft, and he said that to reduce lagg he went onto his Nvidia COntrol Panel and "Pimped Out" his settings. I went onto there and I couldn't find anything to do with changing the settings of how much it can handle. Is there such a thing? And if so, will it require addition cooling? Because right now when playing simple Java games, (Minecraft & Terraria) it easily gets to 90oC+

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
Minecraft isn't a java game.

And no you can't "pimp it out", you can though change things like FrameRenderAhead( search google) that MIGHT improve performance on some games, or you can also overclock it but then you will need better cooling, which I don't recommend investing in and just get a new graphics card.

mailpranshu

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Well I had a 8600 GT long back. My temperatures had gone up quiet a bit after a lot of usage.

Have you tried opening up the card and cleaning it? You could use new paste as well on the heat sinks. This will drop down temp a lot.

You can OC after you do this. If you need steps check on youtube for how to clean graphic cards.