When is the UK release date for the PSP?

I pre-ordered one when the release date was March, the last I heard it was
July. Today I looked at a few websites and have different dates. I wish Sony
would pull their fingers out and release it, why do the Europeans always
have to wait so much longer than the rest of the world?

The dates I found today are:

PC World: 1st August 2005
Game: 1st September (doesn't say which year, which is worrying)
Simply Games: 1st September 2005
Special Reserve: June 2005

The way things are going it'll be Christmas!!!

--
All mail is scanned for viruses by a
well-known and reliable anti-virus system.

Remove "NO_SPAM" to reply.
12 answers Last reply
More about when release date

    "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
    >I pre-ordered one when the release date was March, the last I heard it was
    >July. Today I looked at a few websites and have different dates. I wish
    >Sony would pull their fingers out and release it, why do the Europeans
    >always have to wait so much longer than the rest of the world?
    >
    > The dates I found today are:
    >
    > PC World: 1st August 2005
    > Game: 1st September (doesn't say which year, which is worrying)
    > Simply Games: 1st September 2005
    > Special Reserve: June 2005
    >
    > The way things are going it'll be Christmas!!!

    26/04/2005
    PlayStation Portable To Launch Across Europe on 1st September 2005

    Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that its highly
    anticipated PlayStation® Portable handheld entertainment system will be
    launched in Europe on 1st September 2005. Following the success of the
    PlayStation Portable launches in Japan and the USA, PlayStation Portable
    will go on sale in the European PAL territories on 1st September 2005,
    available in a single version Value Pack, priced at ?249 (£179). The
    PlayStation Portable Value Pack contains an added-value package of
    accessories and entertainment content, including the PlayStation Portable
    system with a pouch, 32MB Memory Stick DuoT, Battery Pack, Headphones with
    Remote Control, AC Adaptor, Wrist Strap, cloth and a video/music/game
    sampler Universal Media DiscT (UMDT) including several non-interactive game
    demos.

    A copy of Spider-Man 2, on UMD Video will be available free of charge to
    early purchasers of PlayStation Portable, who register their PlayStation
    Portable and order their Spider-Man 2 UMD Video through
    http://www.yourpsp.com, the official SCEE web portal for PlayStation
    Portable.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > 26/04/2005
    > PlayStation Portable To Launch Across Europe on 1st September 2005

    <snipped>

    Thanks Beck.

    Yup got mine on order :)

    -------
    www.arcade.me.uk

    Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    updated it to 1.50 today.
    All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.

    All for 180 Uk pounds.

    Leigh-Anne

    "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
    >I pre-ordered one when the release date was March, the last I heard it was
    >July. Today I looked at a few websites and have different dates. I wish
    >Sony would pull their fingers out and release it, why do the Europeans
    >always have to wait so much longer than the rest of the world?
    >
    > The dates I found today are:
    >
    > PC World: 1st August 2005
    > Game: 1st September (doesn't say which year, which is worrying)
    > Simply Games: 1st September 2005
    > Special Reserve: June 2005
    >
    > The way things are going it'll be Christmas!!!
    >

    > --
    > All mail is scanned for viruses by a
    > well-known and reliable anti-virus system.
    >
    > Remove "NO_SPAM" to reply.

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:41:36 +0000 (UTC), "Leigh-Anne Mills"
    <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote:

    >Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    >updated it to 1.50 today.
    >All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.

    Personally, I'll wait because I figure the European launch will have
    teething problems fixed. Oh, and it'll be easier to take back to
    Dixons if it breaks.

    andyt
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message
    > Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    > updated it to 1.50 today.
    > All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.
    >
    > All for 180 Uk pounds.

    It would have been useful if you told us where you actually bought it
    though!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message
    >> Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    >> updated it to 1.50 today.
    >> All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.
    >>
    >> All for 180 Uk pounds.
    >>

    > It would have been useful if you told us where you actually bought it
    > though!

    http://www.easygadget.co.uk/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    BlackKnight got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    >>updated it to 1.50 today.
    >>All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.
    >>
    >>All for 180 Uk pounds.

    Personally, I'd prefer one that played UK movies, and buy it when the
    manufacturing process has improved, so dead pixels are less common..
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > BlackKnight got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >> "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Why wait until 1 September in the UK, I got a Jap import firmware 1.00,
    >>>updated it to 1.50 today.
    >>>All menus are in English, plays games from ASIA, US and UK when released.
    >>>
    >>>All for 180 Uk pounds.
    >>>

    > Personally, I'd prefer one that played UK movies, and buy it when the
    > manufacturing process has improved, so dead pixels are less common..

    I thought the site I was looking at had the Japanese version as Region 2
    which means it will play UK movies. Don't know about the dead pixels though!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> BlackKnight got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >>> "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message

    >> Personally, I'd prefer one that played UK movies, and buy it when the
    >> manufacturing process has improved, so dead pixels are less common..
    >
    > I thought the site I was looking at had the Japanese version as Region 2
    > which means it will play UK movies. Don't know about the dead pixels
    > though!

    No dead pixels on the 7 i have seen from there, my work mates, also got
    them.
    The Jap has the SHARP screen, US and UK has the duller SAMSUNG screen.

    The best way is to say the JAP version is like a Sony VAIO with an X-Black
    screen.

    Its up to you if you want to wait, but i did not and i am over the moon,
    best gadget to have this year.
    Sony have blown the market wide open.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> BlackKnight got up from the bar and shouted: :

    >>> Personally, I'd prefer one that played UK movies, and buy it when the
    >>> manufacturing process has improved, so dead pixels are less common..
    >>
    >> I thought the site I was looking at had the Japanese version as Region 2
    >> which means it will play UK movies. Don't know about the dead pixels
    >> though!
    >>

    > No dead pixels on the 7 i have seen from there, my work mates, also got
    > them.
    > The Jap has the SHARP screen, US and UK has the duller SAMSUNG screen.
    >
    > The best way is to say the JAP version is like a Sony VAIO with an X-Black
    > screen.
    >
    > Its up to you if you want to wait, but i did not and i am over the moon,
    > best gadget to have this year.
    > Sony have blown the market wide open.

    If the release date had remained as June I'd have waited but now its been
    put back to September I'm seriously considering an import. Knowing Sony
    September will end up as December, either that or they'll ship so few into
    the UK that we'll still be waiting at Christmas, just like the PS2 was
    (although I got one of the second batch!).
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Leigh-Anne Mills" <LeighAnne@One.Net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> I thought the site I was looking at had the Japanese version as Region 2
    >>> which means it will play UK movies. Don't know about the dead pixels
    >>> though!
    >>>

    >> No dead pixels on the 7 i have seen from there, my work mates, also got
    >> them.
    >> The Jap has the SHARP screen, US and UK has the duller SAMSUNG screen.
    >>
    >> The best way is to say the JAP version is like a Sony VAIO with an
    >> X-Black screen.
    >>
    >> Its up to you if you want to wait, but i did not and i am over the moon,
    >> best gadget to have this year.
    >> Sony have blown the market wide open.
    >>

    > If the release date had remained as June I'd have waited but now its been
    > put back to September I'm seriously considering an import. Knowing Sony
    > September will end up as December, either that or they'll ship so few into
    > the UK that we'll still be waiting at Christmas, just like the PS2 was
    > (although I got one of the second batch!).

    I got mine in the uk from www.gbax.com , it stopped working and I got a
    replacement from them in about 2 days. Never had any problems since and I am
    glad I did not wait. I have Spiderman 2, Tony Hawks, Ridge Racer and Vampire
    Chronicals. Twisted Metal and Metal Gear Acid is also on its way. The Psp is
    £189.99 with Ridge Racer, USB Charger and Data Cable and UK Power Adapter.
    It has a 1 year guarantee as well. Why wait?

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Sony Video Games Product