Cellular phone coverage at UVA - Charlottesville, VA

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

All,

We are trying to find a Cellular phone service provider which has good
coverage at UVA - Charlottesville, VA. Please share your experiecne in
the area. Thanks.

KeOu Chao
3 answers Last reply
More about cellular phone coverage charlottesville
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    In article <xR3ec.7769$Gf1.1251@lakeread03>, KeOu Chao <kchao@cox.net>
    wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > We are trying to find a Cellular phone service provider which has good
    > coverage at UVA - Charlottesville, VA. Please share your experiecne in
    > the area. Thanks.

    There may be a few students, faculty, staff and administrators at the
    University you could ask in person.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:29:17 +0800, KeOu Chao <kchao@cox.net> wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >We are trying to find a Cellular phone service provider which has good
    >coverage at UVA - Charlottesville, VA. Please share your experiecne in
    >the area. Thanks.

    I can tell you I was just there two weeks ago and have T-Mobile and
    experienced good reception. I would caution, however, that if your
    plans are going to be taking you to the more rural areas of the state,
    they won't be a good option for you. In larger cities and along major
    highway corridors, you'll be fine, however.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:03:55 GMT, Cyrus Afzali <pnsmnyv@lnubb.pbz>
    wrote:

    >I can tell you I was just there two weeks ago and have T-Mobile and
    >experienced good reception. I would caution, however, that if your
    >plans are going to be taking you to the more rural areas of the state,
    >they won't be a good option for you. In larger cities and along major
    >highway corridors, you'll be fine, however.

    GSM coverage in that part of VA is spotty...mostly along the major
    highways. T-Mobile's map appears to claim coverage in
    Charlottesville, possibly along 29 to Lynchburg and south to Danville,
    and along the I-81 corridor...it's hard to tell, as it does not
    identify any of those cities, just the larger cities like Richmond.

    If they aren't wedded to GSM, I'd recommend a carrier like Alltel
    (CDMA) in Charlottesville. They have extensive coverage, and roam on
    Verizon outside the Alltel service area.

GSM Phones