Multi Boot

August 25, 2004 1:47:43 PM

I have obtained a training cd for Windows XP. I currently
run XP on my computer, and wish to install training
version on a separate volume. Is there any way around
having to wipe out the disk and reformat for separate
volumes. Currently my pc has one volume only.

More about : multi boot

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 9:01:30 PM

There is out softwere Partition magic or similar, to
create multiple volume on one HDD. Allso you shuld know
something about swap files. The best way is to find some
expert to do this all for you. Any mistake leads to lose
all data and system so be carefule

August 25, 2004 11:39:35 PM

"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 27201c48ac3$3dd595c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I have obtained a training cd for Windows XP. I currently
> run XP on my computer, and wish to install training
> version on a separate volume. Is there any way around
> having to wipe out the disk and reformat for separate
> volumes. Currently my pc has one volume only.

you might want to look for some Virtual Machine solution.
This is application software (to be installed on your running system,
thereafter called 'The Host') that enables you to create so called Virtual
Machines, which basically boils down to s software environment behaving as a
real machine.
Within that environment you are free to install any other OS you have or
like (clients, servers, linux, etc.), called 'Guest OS'ses, toy around with
it, without damageing your host machine.
check out www.vmware.com for VMWare Workstation
or http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx for Virtual PC.
Mind you, the price of those mind be prohibitive for your purposes.

hth

george
!