I am looking for advice to finalize my Intel based build that I intend to use for web, MS office video/photo editing, guitar port, and a few games. I am also hoping I can get at least 5 years out of it. I am looking to stay in the range of $700-$900.
I need a 1394(video connection) for my video recorder and a mid tower case to fit my desktop rack location.
I have a few questions on this build.
1. Am I better off installing a firewire PCI card and use a Z68 Mobo or the one selected?
2. Please recommend a CPU Cooler?
3. Please recommend thermal compound?
4. Have I selected the appropriate ram for the mobo, i do want 8gb?
5. Please recommend a power supply for my situation?
6. Do I need any specific tools, such as the antistatic wrist strap?
7. Have I missed any parts, I'd like to buy in one shot? I have windows 7, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and monitor.
Part Item Cost on Newegg
Motherboards Intel BOXDQ67SWB3 LGA 1155 Intel Q67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $119
CPU Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K $220
CPU Cooler: ???
Thermal Compound: ???
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL $37.99
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan $49.99
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $150
video card: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100315VXL Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $169
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card $80.99
DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM $19
Tools: ???Antistatic wrist strap