Solved

Socket 775 motherboards that overclock with ddr3

Hello,
I have;
1- Q9550 CPU
1- 8800 GTS 512 MB GPU
1- 8800 GTS 640 MB GPU

I am looking for a 775 motherboard , for SLI and CPU oc'ing.
My aim is to build this system to use for gaming (older games only). A used high end socket 775 mobo would be perfect for this CPU. Any help or questions would be greatly appreciated thanks :)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about socket motherboards overclock ddr3
  1. Hello... if you have Nvidia cards you need a motherboard with SLI... xfire is for AMD video cards only. Also in order to do SLI, my understanding is the cards need to be identical... if not PhysX can be used if the software title supports it.
  2. Best answer
    ryder57 said:
    Hello,
    I have;
    1- Q9550 CPU
    1- 8800 GTS 512 MB GPU
    1- 8800 GTS 640 MB GPU

I am looking for a 775 motherboard , such as , PQ5 or better mobo for crossfire and CPU oc'ing.
    My aim is to build this system to use for gaming (older games only). A used high end socket 775 mobo would be perfect for this CPU. Any help or questions would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Nvidia 680i sli motherboards
    Nvidia 780i sli motherboards
    Nvidia 790i sli motherboards

Asus striker motherboards
    Asus rampage 1 motherboard
    ASUS P5N-D
    ASUS P5N32-E SLI

MSI P6N SLI

Most DFI LanParty motherboards

Take your pick man.
  3. :hello:
    austing said:
    Nvidia 680i sli motherboards
    Nvidia 780i sli motherboards
    Nvidia 790i sli motherboards

Asus striker motherboards
    Asus rampage 1 motherboard
    ASUS P5N-D
    ASUS P5N32-E SLI

MSI P6N SLI

Most DFI LanParty motherboards

Take your pick man.

Thanks for your quick response and the choices,it's a good place to start. :)
  4. Hello... your GTS 8800/512 has a G92 GPU in it.... your GTS 8800/640 has a G80 GPU in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series
  5. Best answer selected by ryder57.
  6. You can't SLI your cards because the 8800GTS 640 has a different chip than the one used in the 512. However, if you were to get a 320 and SLI that with the 640 then that would work as the chips inside are the same.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking Socket