Which 6950 do I pick?!

Solution
I used that Gigabyte card in a recent build. The triple fan cooler does a great job and it is very quiet. The Factory OC is higher than the XFX also. I would go with Gigabyte.

What are the reasons you guys are picking XFX? Just curious.

radium69

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
MSI seems to be getting a good rep the last months.
Also I have had XFX cards die on me just after the warranty...
I have a MSI GX740 laptop and their customer feedback is great :)

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I own an XFX 6950, but this model, which looks to have been discontinued. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150548 They have a lifetime warranty by the way :)

This looks to be almost identical and us currently for sale except mine had a tad higher stock clocks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150549

It is my first XFX card and does not disappoint! Running it at 925 / 1475 and have pushed it as hard as 950 / 1500 but backed it off after some artifacts "an hour into a game"

It is dead silent during normal pc operations to note. During games it can ramp up a bit and be a little loud, but nothing compared to my cpu fan so does not bother me.

One heck of a card for the cash! I would buy it again in a second.

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I used that Gigabyte card in a recent build. The triple fan cooler does a great job and it is very quiet. The Factory OC is higher than the XFX also. I would go with Gigabyte.

What are the reasons you guys are picking XFX? Just curious.

Solution

RussK1

Splendid

I have 2 xfx 6950 2gb cndc models and they're great. But if the sapphire toxic had been available when I bought these I would have went with those no doubt.

Customer service at xfx isn't the greatest either. There has been times I couldn't get any help and had to turn to the egg... Fortunately newegg is great... Have always gotten their help even past their deadlines. There's even a few cases they've went out of their way and called me. Moral: can't speak for sapphire support but xfx's sucks!

no, you don't mix 1gig cards and 2gig cards. If you have aspirations of running 3 monitors 1gig of video ram is not enough. You need cards with 2gigs. cross-firing 2 - 1gig cards does not give you 2gigs of memory. It's still only one.

jojoenglish85

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Well ill stick with the 2G saphire toxics 6950's as my choice of crossfire setup, when i connect my 3 27in monitors, do need to buy an active adapter or can i hook two monitors up to one card and the other monitor up to the 2 card via hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.