asus P8 z77- V pro motherboard
Asus GTX 660 graphics card
2TB hard drive
64gb SSD
DVD drive and burner
G-skill 8gb ram kit
Intel i7-3770 CPU
corsair 650w PSU

I have put everything together with help from a friend and everything seemed to work, the fans turned on and it went through the POST test but the last boot led light stayed on, I thought it was because I had a wireless keyboard so I go a cheap wired one and now nothing happens when I turn it on. I haven't changed anything. All that happens now is the GPU light goes on so it knows its there and the main light on the motherboard goes on so it's sending power to it. But when I press the on button, nothing happens :(  can anyone help me out?

More about : time building computer

a c 559 V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 5:23:07 AM

Do the CPU and case fans spin when starting the board?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 5:30:44 AM

doesn't know what drive to boot to or it doesn't see one of the drives.

i will guess first and say disconnect the SSD until you get into the BIOS and can change the boot order and set the SSD up. after that, after save and reboot/shutdown, I would then remove ( disconnect ) the HD and continue from there until all is said and done.

what happens, anything positive?

m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2013 6:43:18 AM

The fans did spin up last night and it went through the POST test and all lights went off then the last boot led stayed on and nothing else happened. I didn't touch it again until this morning when I got a keyboard to plug in and now absolutely nothing happens at all. Ill will try unplugging the SSD tonight when I get home from work.
m
l
a c 481 V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 7:04:46 AM

when you get home pull power from the wall and drain the mb. then clear the cmos and remove the video card and try to boot from onboard gpu. if it posts then update the mb bios to the newest rev. if you dont want to do that then use a usb stick and use the usb flashback port and update the bios if it old. (look at the ser# lable on the mb the end of the lable will have the bios rev (most times it say bios rev XXXX or it be the last 4 digits.
m
l
January 24, 2013 9:46:10 AM

Wow I'm so new at this, was us CMOS? I'm home now, unplugged the SSD, took out the GPU, still absolutely nothing. Only the motherboard light turns on so I know power is getting to it. That's it but, when I press the power button, nothing happens, no lights, no fans, nothing
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 9:55:20 AM

do you have ALL the power connected? the 20/24pin and the 4/8pin?

start reading the booklet that came with the motherboard. it has pictures too if that will help.
m
l
January 24, 2013 9:59:32 AM

Yeah the two power plugs are plugged into the motherboard
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 10:17:17 AM

is it 1.5v ram?.. did you try booting with 1 stick in the first slot? try mem-ok button? did you try assembling outside the case to see if it will run? you have power to everything? recheck that. dvd/hd, etc.

clear cmos.
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:24:24 AM

It says 1.65v ram does that mean it goes in the blue or the black holes?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 10:39:02 AM

i know people that have trouble running higher than recommended voltage ram with their i7 processors. ( 1.5v recommended ) if you want to take the chance of upping the voltage you may ruin your expensive processor.

look up the board on the asus site and check the ram support list or look in the booklet to see what it will support.
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:48:20 AM

Oh I know it supports it, it's in the list in the booklet
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 10:53:50 AM

reassemble out of the case.
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:54:44 AM

I just understand why absolutely nothing happens when I press the on button, the button itself has worked before and it is connected. This is just getting so frustrating :( 
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:57:40 AM

I just understand why absolutely nothing happens when I press the on button, the button itself has worked before and it is connected. This is just getting so frustrating :( 
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 11:42:19 AM

Have you tested the power supply by shorting the green and black wires?
m
l
January 24, 2013 8:02:27 PM

How do you do that? It is a brand new power supply
m
l
January 24, 2013 8:11:00 PM

I just used another one I had lying around Nd the exact same thing happened
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2013 8:19:24 PM

Remember: Every once in a while, even a new component can be bad.
The CMOS contains the bios settings and clock. A bad setting can cause unstable behaviour.

It is usually reset by temporary moving a jumper. Check the mobo manual.
m
l
January 25, 2013 12:22:48 AM

Hey thanks everyon for your input and help, I had another expert friend look at it, turns out the bios is not right, something is wrong with it. I might have to send my motherboard back. But in the mean time he got it set up for me and windows is working on it, but it isn't letting me access my 2tb hard drive now or my portable hard drive Which is plugged in. Any ideas?
m
l
a c 481 V Motherboard
January 25, 2013 5:25:11 PM

use the usb flashback to update your bios.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-zGV8SLho
use the last bios posted for your mb. if you dont know how to use that bios updater there on in the bios. you just have to use the asus bios renamer to rename the bios file for your mb.
if the drive does not show up with the newest bios in windows but is in the bios. check that the sata ports are set to achi mode and the devices are on intel sata ports. sometime with windows you have to use windows drive manager to add a drive letter to some drives.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/disk-manageme...
m
l
!