I7-2600 with really high temperatures

dratyan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2012
Hello everyone! I've just assembled a new desktop and the only problem I'm having is the CPU's temperature. Consequently, a related problem is the cooler fans going crazy and making a LOT of noise, specially the CPU fan.

Configs:
i7-2600
GTX 560 1gb
8gb RAM DDR3
1TB HDD
Corsair 600w PSU

Fans:
-Intel's CPU stock fan;
-HD-specific fan;
-PSU integrated fan;
-GPU integrated fan;
-1x simple 140mm fan;

I'll now post the current temperature of my CPU(idle) according to 3 different softwares:

Lavaly's Everest:
-Core 1: ~44ºC
-Core 2: ~45ºC
-Core 3: ~46ºC
-Core 4: ~42ºC

Core Temp:
-Core #0: ~44ºC
-Core #1: ~45ºC
-Core #2: ~45ºC
-Core #3: ~44ºC

SpeedFan:
CPU: ~83ºC

EDIT: CPUID's Hardware Monitor confirms Speedfan's ~83ºC CPU temperature on idle.

-There's no dust, I assembled the PC yesterday and all the parts are brand new, as well as the thermal paste.
-I've tried to play BF3 for a bit, and even though I wasn't monitoring the temperature, the noise the fans were making clearly indicated that it was REALLY high.
-I'll probably buy more another fan or two, but since the problem seems to be so specific with the CPU, I don't think it'll solve the issue.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Your CPU fan is plugged into the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard?

If yes, your fan running full speed and temps in 40's while idle is making me think the stock heat sink might not be correctly installed.

What's the local temps in your room while doing the idle testing?

What were the CPU temps while gaming?

dratyan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2012

The PC I had before barely made noises...and now my neighbours can probably listen to it since it's REALLY noisy. I wear headphones and when the PC's not on idle I just feel like leaving the room or even the apartment.

I'd like to think the Speedfan temp is far from real, but with all this noise it's hard not to think it could actually be true. Also, the side of the case where the motherboard/CPU is installed is abnormally hot.

@WR2

1)Yes it is plugged. And I can check if it's correctly installed then.
2)It should between 25ºC and 30ºC.
3)I haven't monitored it when I did play, but I can get that done.

OBS: I haven't posted the temperature of the other parts because it all looks normal aside from the CPU.

Thanks for the answers so far!

EDIT: Just updated the OP with Hardware Monitor's temperature(on idle, will update with BF3's in-game temp. soon)

dratyan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2012
Ok, this is weird. I used Hardware Monitor to monitor the results while I played BF3 for about 5 minutes, and the temperature barely went even though the cooler fans got REALLY loud. Here are the min/max results:

CPUTIN: 42ºC/89ºC(weird since it's steadily over 80ºC on idle - how did it get 42ºC in-game?)
Core #0: 42ºC/73ºC
Core #1: 43ºC/73ºC
Core #2: 44ºC/73ºC
Core #3: 42ºC/71ºC
Package: 44ºC/76ºC

I'm not really sure how to interpretate these results...

dratyan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2012
I've messed around with the hardware again, and it seems like the noise has been decreased a bit. It's still there though.

To-do list:
-Buy more cooler fans;
-Replace the stock Intel cooler;

Thanks for the help so far, and any other suggestions are welcome!